cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confine various level of planning in to limited and lowest level of planning in DP by the users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

May I know the various methods to confine planning level at the lowest level and re-define the Primitive methods where  business currently uses in excel sheet and plans at all level into demand planning with a minimum and lowest level by which the business reduces manual work and increases visibility and planning.

Example: Business currently plans at customer Hierarchies  which has about 6 levels, product has Hierarchies at 5 levels, location hierarchies at 3 level in excel sheet and on monthly level for an year and then quarterly for 2 years and yearly basis  for one year. This we need to confine to lowest level of customer, product and location.

HEIRARCHY LEVELPRODUCTCUSTOMERLOCATIONLEVEL
P0C0L0HIGHEST
1P1C1L1
2P2C2L2
3P3C3L3
4P4C4SOLD-TO
5P5C5
6P6CUSTOMERLOWEST
SKU

PLANNING LEVELPRODUCTCUSTOMERLOCATION(DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL)
HEIRARCHY LEVELP6C5L3LOWEST LEVEL
WHERE P6SKU
C5CUSTOMER
L3SOLD-TO- PARTY
CVC

P6_C5_L3

So in this case, the cvc are created at lowest level of planning, at P6_C5_L3.

Now how to convenience the business that they need to do the planning at this level for planning, as the rest levels will be aggregated automatically in demand planning.

Is the grouping level place a major role? if so how to do that as the business says for some products they do at p4_c2_L1 level for some they do at P5_C4_L2 level.

Could someone guide us in giving some solution which ease the business need of planning at any level. Hope you have understood my requirement by the above example. If not do let me know, so that I may try to inform by further details. Thanks in advance.

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Not really sure what the question is.  You say you want to 'confine' planning to the most detailed level, but you also want to support planning at an intermediate level.

No matter.  DP transparently supports planning at any/all levels simultaneously.  Data in DP is always stored at the detail level, no matter which level (or combination of levels) the forecast is entered at.

Creation of the Demand Forecast - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy, Thank you.

Answers (0)