cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI7.4 TREX Indexing (Java only messages) with Global Configuration for Staging and Logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are migrating interfaces to PI7.4 (Java only) and trying to set up optimum Global Settings for Logging and staging. We are using TREX indexing for messages and want to index  both before and after mapping messages. We want to keep as less staging messages as possible so that we can have better performance and resource usage.
We tried to use following 2 Configuration set ups .
Config Setup 1: Logging to BI=3,AM=3  Staging to (MS=3) (MS=3)
Config Setup 2: Logging  AM=3 and Staging (BI=1,MS=3,AM=1) (MS=3,AM=1)

We are setting up these values by setting xiadapter.logger.conf and xiadapter.stage.conf for the adapter.
With logging after mapping = 3   , we were expecting that after mapping  messages would be indexed automatically as TREX was set up.

But TREX indexing is not working with both the above configuration setups when we have AM=3 for logging.

However when we put after mapping = 3 (  AM=3) for staging by  changing Global settings to logging = “” and staging =  (MS=3,AM=3) (MS=3,AM=3) Then TREX indexing is working OK for both Input message and after mapping messages.

Question 1: Is there anyway, we can set up logging AM=3 and have TREX pick up those logged messages and make them available for searching.
If so, where we need to set up to have logging messages TREX indexed.

Question 2: What is SAP recommended Global Configuration set up for logging ad staging and what is the set up mostly used.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

1. I've never used TREX so I'm not sure how it works. But UDMS works well on PI. I've set up global logging as MS=3,AM=3 and able to search for payloads that are before/after mapping (once I've done the UDMS filter config).

2. The recommendation for global logging and staging configuration is stated in SAP Note 1760915. In general SAP does not recommend setting it globally, instead it should be done individually per interface.

Rgds

Eng Swee