Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass variable value to Nested I-view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Short question:

In a nested I-view, how can i refer back to variable value (selected value in dropdown box) located in main I-view?

Detailed situation:

In VC i have quite a large table presenting x/customer over a variable fiscal year. If a customer is selected in that table another query is triggered and will show a chart with some specific info regarding that customer over that same fiscal year.

Thus: var. fiscal year --> first query --> table: x/customer --> action: customer selected --> second query --> chart: detailed customer info / var. fiscal year.

In the connection between the table and the second query i can configure the input field (fiscal year) and assigned value easily by select the input form concering the variable fiscal year.

However this construction works when i keep everything in one I-view. Regarding performance i've to split up my model into several nested i-views.

Therefore the dropdown box where the fiscal year can be selected and submitted is detached. So now, in my main I-view i've various dropdown boxes and some nested i-views.And In one of those i-views i've a 'signal in' (containing var. fiscal year) and the continuation of the ealier mentioned construction.

Now, when i'm trying to filter the connection between the table and the second query i'm not able to refer back to the input form containing the var. fiscal year (because its not in that Nested I-view, but in the main I-View). Also i'm not able to refer to the input signal.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

short answer

You have to pass your value with a signal in into your nested iView.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (0)