cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order with multiple billing doc's

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys

My client has specific requirement related the freight charges .Freight charge is represented with a condition type in my pricing procedure. If a given sales order has multiple shipments (I.E deliveries) then this freight charge is getting calculated partially at item level and passing on to the   billing documents accordingly. Customers receive invoices with part of those charges. They will receive other parts with other shipments and invoices until sales order is completed

As per my clients business it would be more logical that Freight charges are invoiced on the first invoice. And not as parts in each billing doc

There are two things which are striking to my mind in terms of solution

1.   Since it’s only to do with showing the freight charges on the output sent to the customer. Is there any option to display the complete freight charges on the 1st billing doc’s output type? And restrict to display in the remaining billing doc of a given sales order. Any idea how to achieve it this way

2.   Can this be controlled with the help of copy controls between delivery and billing doc at an item category level .i hope there should be some standard routine in place if not what should be my logic in this routine that helps to accomplish this task

3.   Create a routine and assign it to the condition type ZMIN…Not sure what logic should I built in here to get the above  requirement up and running

Please guide me a way forward on this……………..

Thanks for your support.

Will reward without fail …

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution could be instead of adding the Freight charge in sales order, why don't you add in the first delivery so that the first invoice will have the freight value in it?

So create a pricing procedure, only with the freight condition type(s), and make sure that the same condition type is included in the pricing procedure used in the billing document.

While doing so, in the copy control settings from delivery -> billing, at item level, the pricing source value can be set as E, so that Freight charge can be copied into billing document.

Regards,

P.S: Don't post your question in Bold letters as without bold, normal font size is good enough as readable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologize for putting it in bold letters .....

The sales order type and  freightcondition type is getting used across multiple countries so iam not sure how could i localize this requirement for one country with a diffrent Pricing procedure and the same condition type.. in the delivery document...please suggest

Thanks

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you can write a routine (get help from ABAP) and assign it to the fright condition types in the specific pricing procedure (if my understanding is correct). In the routine you can write a logic saying, if it is the first invoice for the delivery (you will have to go into VBFA table and check if any of the other deliveries for the SO has been billed), then, bring the condition type value in full from the delivery/SO. Else, make the condition type inactive (KINAK = 'X'). May be this will work for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Is your requirement only to get the total freight charge printed in the first invoice's output, and everything else remain same as is now..?

Or, is it that, u want the total freight charge to be only applicable in the first invoice and getting posted into accounting too?

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi

Thanks for your reply

I  want the total freight charge to be only applicable in the first invoice and getting posted into accounting too? but  i am not sure on the first question In that case  there will be mismatch between freight amount shown on the out put  and the actual invoice freight amount but its really good thought  if my business agree to it .will check and get back to you

Thanks

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

sounds good ...so the logic is to check VBFA and determine if there are any billing docs already created for deliveries/SO .if not billed then get complete value from the Delivery /SO to the  freight c.type .Else make it inactive . I have a question here ....what in case if the billing document is created and then deleted..what should be my logic in such case?

Thanks

Madhu

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you activate pricing at delivery level, then for that one country, the process for adding the freight rate should be in delivery document. By this way, the Billing document will get freight rate from delivery.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

The billing document cannot be deleted. It can either be cancelled or a credit memo created with reference to it. You can also check in the same VBFA table, if for a billing document any cancellation exists. If yes, then, the delivery cost becomes relevant. Else it does not.

However, there could be a timing issue. Say if there are 3 deliveries and 2 of them are taken for billing at the same time in different sessions. (I am not sure if SAP will allow this because of the locking of VBAK table but still a possibility). Then, when the routine goes back to VBFA with the Sales order number, it does not find any billing document. So there is a chance that the freight charges may appear on both deliveries in full. So, you may want to test a few scenarios like this to make sure the logic is good and accommodates all scenarios. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S