cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for parallel use of a source table?

0 Kudos

Hello SLT community,

the following is to ask you all about parallel use of a source table.

Considering a single source table in a single ABAP system, I have these questions:

1) From one SLT server, can separate configurations be defined to replicate this same source table to different targets (subscribers)?

I know up to 4 targets can be defined in the 1:N configuration, but what if I have more than 4 targets? Would multiple configurations for the same table work, provided I have sufficient resources in both source and SLT systems?

2) Assuming a table can be replicated via multiple configurations, can different mapping rules be defined in separate configurations for the same source table?

E.g. to filter on the value of a key field to send only a sub-set of records to one target, while using a different configuration with a different mapping rule sends another subset to a different target?

3) Can multiple, separate SLT's replicate that same single source table from the source ABAP system in parallel?

E.g. can SLT system 'SL1' replicate the table to system 'EX1' while SLT 'SL2' replicates it to system 'EX2' at the same time?

Let me know if all this sounds too complex, maybe I can give better examples.

Thanks in advance!

Ruben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Please find below my replies to your queries.

1.There is a limitation on the the number of configurations that could be created. SLT wont allow you to exceed more than 4 configs.

2. Yes, you can have different mapping rules for the same field of source table. on the advanced replication settings screen, you get to choose the mass transfer id(MT id) of your configuration.

Hence its possible.

3. Am not sure on the third scenario. Can you explain your requirment please?

Regards,

Saritha