cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User issues with F4 search on SOLD-TO PARTY only

former_member812935
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I can't seem to find any information on this.  For 2 users in our company, if you go to any GUI transaction where there is a search for Sold-to party number, and that user clicks the search help or hits F4, they will never get the customer number pop-up - they will just time out.  It's only that field it's happening too, but for all t-codes where that field is on the selection screen.

It seems as if hitting the F4 key is trying to bring back all the customers in our system instead of giving them the additional search pop-up.  Having said that, I have confirmed the Help -> Settings -> F4 Help for each of these users and the maximum is set to 500. 

I assume this isn't a code issue, since it's only happening to 2 users, but do they have a way of changing the default results number and saving it somewhere other than the Help settings?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the section 'Error Analysis', it explains the causes of the time limit dump. For more details please contact your BASIS consultant.

former_member812935
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I understand why it's timing out - it's pulling every partner in the system - but why would only 2 users go directly into running this query for partner instead of Everyone else who gets the partner search box when they click F4??  There has to be some setting we they were able to change

I have attached what I get when I click f$ - but these users never do.