cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport order and import queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. I have a big doubt about import options for transports and the differene between "Import Request" and "Import all requests" buttons.

The import queu of my QAS systemas, shows me this orders

1. SIDK9000020

2. SIDK9000015

3. SIDK9000030

4. SIDK9000001

Now, this is the export order that came from development system. When the deveopers send me the order in which this change requests must be imported, it is a different order. For example:

1. SIDK9000030

2. SIDK9000020

3. SIDK9000001

4. SIDK9000015

If i click "Import all request", the requests are imported according to the import queue, and not as the developers want. This options clears the import queue.

If i import request by request using "Import request" i can import the orders as developers want, but the change requests stay in the queue as "Ready to be imported again" or "Request alredy imported" (dependig the option used).

I want the import Queue to be cleaned after the import of a request, but that is happening only with the option "Import all requests". But that leads me to the import order problem... How to proceed?

Another doubt is: What is the difference between "Import Request again" or importing a request again without that checkbox?

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Next time, tell your developers to release the requests in the proper order and you won't have this problem.

Meanwhile, though, use the "Import Request" (single) option to import them each, one by one, in the order you want. However, when you do so, be sure to click over to the "Options" tab on the import dialog and UNtick the checkbox for "Leave Transport Request in Queue for Later Import." Then, once you've imported all of the requests, you should see them all with green checkmarks, indicating they've been imported. Now hit the "Import All Requests" button. Do NOT select the option for "Select All Requests for Later Import" or "Import All Requests Again." In other words, leave all the options checkboxes empty (which is the default). This won't re-import the requests, but it will reset the stop-marks in the import buffer for this system, "clearing" the queue.

Or, you can just set a filter on Import Status to not show anything except Q, R, S, and T options, and that way you will only see requests actually awaiting import, scheduled for import, or in the process of being imported, but not already imported.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt. Thanks for your answer. So, once all the requests are with green check mark "Request alredy imported", i must go for "Impot All Request" without the marks "Leave transport request in queue for Later Import" and "Import all request again". In this way, the import just clean the stop-marks and the import queue? Is this OK?

Is the same for the request that has alredy been imported with option "Leave transport request in queue for Later Import"?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you imported it with "leave for later import" checked (which is the default for importing single requests, but not for importing all requests), then I believe the "import all" will re-import that (or those) requests. So, what you could do is reimport them now, again, but unchecking that option. The reimport won't hurt anything, but if you do this, you'll probably need to do all of them to maintain your desired import order.

anandkarthik_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Do you still have queries ???Please let us know..

Regards,
Anand.