cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance --> load tab in hana studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a strange requirement here from hana studio.

I want to extract daily performance data from hana studio for the previous whole day/night and send across the graph as an email next day.

Now the problem is that i am doing it manually daily.

Is there a way to automate the same ?

nameserver_history.trc its very hard to intrepret the data from there. Is this possible ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

My best suggestion for you is to connect HANA to Solution Manager, which indeed collects performance data and makes it readily available for you at regular intervals.

HANA system performance graphs can be found in Root Cause Analysis Tab of the solution manager system.

Rgds,

Mat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The below 3 views in SYS schema should contain the information about LOAD table.

M_LOAD_HISTORY_HOST

M_LOAD_HISTORY_INFO

M_LOAD_HISTORY_SERVICE

You can create some object and report which shows real-time system load in the report.

Regards,

Venkat N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat are you sure about that.

Becuase i dont see the views in SYS schema?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see this views in SP9 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starting with SPS 09 you can use SQL: "HANA_LoadHistory_Hosts" and SQL: "HANA_LoadHistory_Services" (SAP Note 1969700) to make this kind of evaluation. Via AGGREGATE_BY and TIME_AGGREGATE_BY in the "Modification section" of these commands you have ways to aggregate the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Thanks a ton for the information,

What can we do with the current version, we cannot upgrade to SPS 9 at this moment. Any alternate work around?

HDB version info:

version:             1.00.82.00.394270

branch:              NewDB100_REL

git hash:            not set

git merge time:      not set

weekstone:           0000.00.0

compile date:        2014-08-17 18:34:26

compile host:        ld7272.wdf.sap.corp

compile type:        opt

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard solution. You can have a closer look at the nameserver_history.trc file, understand the structure and write a parser for it. But I doubt that these efforts are justified, because earlier or later you will be on SPS 09 or higher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi martin,

Thanks a ton for the information, understanding the structure of nameserverhistory file is so not so easy right. Some strange symbols are also there. Didnt know how to translate. But as you have said earlier, efforts are not justified. Live with it.

former_member196555
Participant
0 Kudos
  1. Check if you can use the default email alert configuration in HANA studio.
  2. Within Alerts tab --> Configure check settings you can define your threshold values and alerts accordingly. Proper configuration of threshold values can help you getting the same data as in graph.
  3. You will have to configure SMTP mail configurations for the same.

Regards,

Harshad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey harshad,

Thats has already been done, i wanted specifically from load tab since i need a graph for previous day utilisations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know if its feasible to extract any other way, anyone else has tried this extraction of data?