Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing condition and setting scales for One Time Referral Discount

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement of referral bonus. A one time $100 bonus to customer irrespective of material or order type. The best way i found was to create a condition record for customer master  against a discount condition type. The challenges are

1) I need to set up item condition type as i need an access sequence. In this case if i set $100, then i would assume that $100 will be applicable for each line item. Do we have std way to restrict this condition type applicable only for one line item ....??

2) Once i set the discount scale value as $100, but the sales order value is less than $100, then i want to carry the rest of the discount amount to next line item OR next contract. How can i set up scales to work the way i want.

All comments are highly appreciated...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor

Suresh,

Have a header condition type with access sequence and condition record.

For 2 check condition update functionality, with maximum condition value (give in condition record). This will ensure that the discount will be carried to the next order, until $100 is totally given.

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

How do we have access sequence for header condition...?

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Because that is the key distinguisher for header and item condition. If you Check the Header condition box, then system wouldn't allow for access seq.. Is there any way to by pass that error...?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I haven't tested it but I have read that for header condition type we can have access sequence, as for item condition type. Search the internet and test in sandbox.

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Condition update and header condition is a good option as suggested by TW.

You can have access for header conditions too,

You should make this condition as group condition , then only the discount value will be equally divided and distributed among all the items,

Even if you use item condition also, it should work. 

Do test and update.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, even thought there are lot many discussion on the forum, i couldn't find a single one which say how to create access sequence for header condition. Because none of the other points are not valid, if i dont have header condition.

Could you help me on that...?

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW, even though there are many discussion on Header access sequence, none of them says how to create one.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me rephrase the requirement. How do i set up condition types, condition record with scales so that i could give Flat $100 discount to a customer one/two time. Customer don't want to see the discount distributed across each items. The above discussing solution would be best one, where how do see a sales order where, total value Minus $100 at the bottom (most prefered solution).

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I will test header condition and update here.

Why do you want scales? Could you give an example.

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I thought of scales because, this referral discount is for one time, flat 100 bucks, on next contract, valid for 3 months. Sorry i used the wrong word, that comes under Additional data not under scales... Thanks TW.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I made some progress on this discussion topic. SAP Note 17217 says about the access sequence for header condition.

"Solution

The fields 'Header condition' KKOPF and 'Item condition' KPOSI on the detail screen for a pricing

condition simply indicate whether the condition can be MANUALLY entered at header or item level.

You do not classify a condition as a header or item condition by selecting the above fields but

rather by selecting the key fields for this condition which you will find either at header level

(for example, customer) or at header and item level (division).

Note: If you check both the above fields, the system does not

display the error message."

What i understood here is, the access sequence would be valid for both header and item, but select a right field which is applicable only at header at header level to create a condition record would work as a header condition.

So either way the amount going to distribute across all the items. I wonder how i can restrict the amount into $100.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I have done some tests. Try below and update:

1. V/06, condition type activate both Header condition and Item condition

2. In calculation type give B (fixed)

3. Assign access sequence to this condition type

4. VK11, create condition record

5. VA01, test and check header and item condition tabs - here we want to check if the header discount value populates at item level?

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I did the same, system picking the values as Item discounts, not header.

How can i limit this value to only $100. Now system deduct $100 for each line item.

When i checked the Group condition, the discount values are not at all reflecting in the order.

Can we control this using any routine on pricing procedure or any thing i can do on condition record. I checked setting the record value Limits, but not same value across all items..... Thanks for your effort.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I made some progress on this scenario and it looks Okay now...

On V/06 i put check mark on Group Condition, RoundDiffComp and GrpCond.routine "1". In this case the amount $100 deducted across line item proportionally based on the value of each line item. May be i would take help of an ABAP guy to write a routine to limit this action to one line item .

Another error i am looking solution is to restrict this condition to only one order. There is a field names Max.number.of.orders, even though i set "1" in the box, this condition record allows me to create multiple contracts. This field comes unders Additional data in VK11.

What is your option to restrict a condition record valid for only one order...?

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

In my test, the header value did not populate in the items.

If the condition record was set for 100$, then the sales order showed 100$ at header, irrespective of the no. of line items.

As mentioned above, I kept calculation type = B (fixed).

Activated header and item condition. And thus could assign access sequence to the condition type. Then created a condition record with value 100$.

Did you test this exact way?

TW

added: As the OSS note explains, plus G Lakshmipathi's post; the condition table consisted of header fields (for my testing I took sales org, dis channel and sold to party). What fields are you taking in your table?

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter, added in blue

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

For having 100$ in only first order, did you activate condition update field in V/06?

And then set 1 in no. of orders, in the condition record.

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign the table 350 to that condition type so that it is enough if you maintain the condition record for Sales Org level.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

It is surprising, i did the same, but not working for me.

By doing so i was able to assign access sequence where i used 307 (the same you used), but the value shows at header and Item. Could you please check the difference in my settings

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

We give the referral discounts to selected customers (sold to part), so in that case i think 350 would not be a good access sequence .

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I did both, but not updating. I went through couple of discussion. The reason the cumullative value not updating on the table. So i am looking correct table and way to update the amount. I guess it may be in the Sub total of Pricing procedure. Will keep you posted.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

What was the Su Totao and Reqt you selected...?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I have tested, the amount is active (valid) only at header level. The proportionate value will get distributed among various items, at item level. So, there are no duplicate amounts (at header and item level)

Example: for this condition type:

At header level -

Because of condition record, value of 5Euro populates at header level, in the order

At item level -

Item10 has 1EA, so condition type value is 1.667

Item20 has 2EA, so condition type value is 3.333

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

Yes, It works for me as you said. My expectation was different. Thanks

I am looking way to find the solution for Update Condition.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I will test condition update and update.

I wanted to go step by step (or requirement by requirement)

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

V/06, in condition type activate field Condition Update.

Then in VK11, Goto > Additional Data, here set Max number of orders = 1, this will restrict this condition type to populate only in the first order.

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I found a valid discussion link..

In that he has given the working solution. I missed only the condition index and routine for the Scale calculation. Then i went through a bunch of OSS notes too.. 615370, 931467, 176920.

When i click the cumulative button on the VK12 screen, it shows "There is no condition update from sales orders." Let me know your thoughts.... thanks

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I tested that part many times...

I found a valid discussion link..

No condition update from the sales orders exist - VK322 Message

In that he has given the working solution. I missed only the condition index and routine for the Scale calculation. Then i went through a bunch of OSS notes too.. 615370, 931467, 176920.

When i click the cumulative button on the VK12 screen, it shows "There is no condition update from sales orders."Let me know your thoughts.... thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

For condition update, I will do one complete test and update.

Link mentioned in your post indicates that condition update for sales volume doesnot work.

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

I did some progress on this issue. The Info structure S071 was not activated, so that the table wouldn't update. Now i have activated that Info structure, but needs to run a back ground job once to make it work. I don't find that.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Next week, I will test condition update (with 1st, 2nd sales orders). For past few days, I do not have access to Sandbox.

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

That is fine, even i activated my sand box only to find a solution. I narrowed it down to technical level. The infor structure S071 has been activated, but need to run a program once so that next time the system activate the automatically. I am in search of that program.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Condition update works fine!

In condition record, I set Max. number of orders = 2, for the first 2 orders this discount populated and from the 3rd order this discount did not populate.

Try again, it should work with this standard functionality.

VK13, select the record, click Goto, Additional Data, Max number of orders

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your query is still not addressed, why you have changed the status to "Answered" which is misleading the members.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Well, i decided to delete all the settings i have done, then going to make all the settings copying the Condition types and access sequence of same kind. There were 4 OSS notes related to this condition updates and info structure S071, i went through all and every thing looks fine for me. By the way i may need your help, i am attaching the screenshot of my V/06 screen, please compare with your working solution.  Have you used any of the routine in the pricing procedure step against this new condition type...??  Thank you so much, i really appreciate your effort.

One more question, what access sequence table you used..?

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi, i have the answer from TW, but i keep this open as i am clarifying some related stuff. How ever i created a new one for that issue, soon i will switch. Sorry for misleading.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Comparing with your screenshot, GroupCondroutine was blank in my case, rest is same.

The note SAP Note 17217 that you shared previously was very beneficial. It basically explained that for header condition type, we need to have header fields in the condition table. For my testing, I took SP. But you can take sales organization (or any other header field in the order, depending upon your business requirement)

In the pricing procedure, for this condition type, I did not use any routine except for 2, which is there with K007, K005 etc.

In the initial post you say "one time" bonus; I suggest you discuss with your client about this. Give this bonus only once. If due to the value of the order, the customer gets less than 100$, then that is his "loss" (of a saving opportunity), this will motivate the customer to go for a higher value buy in his order. Further, the technical design (of update functionality, max orders set to 1) will be a standard SD solution.

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

TW,

Well, my head is spinning. Functionality wise and logic wise we both are in the same page, config also correct, but i assume that some core setting (Technical) in the back of the system. In V/06, if i do not check the Group Cond., then system picking $100 in each line item even thought i set maximum limit as &100. When i click the Cumulative Sales Order Value button, i always get  " There is no condition update from sales orders.". I went through some of the discussions and read some OSS notes too, all are saying about a statistical Info Structure table S071. The settings and requirement for that table looks fine for me. I am thinking of raising an OSS note. Before that i want to make sure that the settings are good and matching with yours.

1) You have see the V/06 screen.

2) For Access sequence, i took table 307

3) Condition record screen shot attached.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Bingo...

TW, it is working fine. The reason was on updating rules. I was testing these scenario on contracts not on sales order. As per rules it works only for Sales Orders. Thank you so much for your effort and help. I had a good learning session on our discussion.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Few important things -

In the condition type, Group condition is activated. Field GrpCond.routine is blank.

Because of group condition functionality (activated), the discount does not duplicate at every item. It populates at header level and is shown (distributed) in all items proportionately.

This requirement is already achieved by us. I have confirmed you the test results of this.

Table 307 will work fine, with sales org, dist channel and customer. For my testing I had taken 007 sales area and customer.

There is some confusion about the second requirement. You want a customer to get $100 discount, it could be in the first order OR it could be in first several orders. Therefore you are interested in condition update, plus max condition value.Did you test by inputting $100 in max. condition value?

Actually, I had tested condition update, Max number of orders. And this works fine.

I did not test with max condition value.Only this second requirement is still open. I will check this tomorrow and update. But as suggested before, why don't you discuss Max. no. of orders option in condition update to your client. This works and you can give a solution in standard and working.

PS: We have made good progress. So keep going. Yes, if tests fail, tomorrow you can raise an OSS note.

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks TW, I have the logic of playing around with maximum limit and Ord numbers. I will be using Max order 1. But there are some condition where one customer refer two other customers, in that case set maximum limit as $ 100 and Max Ord number 2, that would work.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh, yes that would work!

This has been a thread with in-depth analysis and testing!

Good luck!

TW

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks TW, i am going to close this thread.

Answers (0)