cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Netweaver files in MOPZ-stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a solution manager 7.1 system running with SAP EPH2 for Netweaver 7.0.

Now I want to upgrade this system to the latest available patches using Mopz.

When selecting the Solution manager 7.1 product in Mopz I get a warning in the Log tab

"Installed instance of Product Version SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 does not include NW Stack 08 (06/2011)"

If I continue and select "Maintenance option" for SAP Solution manager I can select the target stack 13 (03/2015)
and mopz also calculates that it needs stack 16 (07/2014) of SAP EHP2 for netweaver 7.0, but when I go ahead and
download the stack it does not include the Netweaver upgrade.

Can anyone please help me out here?

Best regards,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the XML for any string that begins with DVD.

When whole stacks of a product version are missing from a stack or the download basket, this is one of the most common reason: Maintenance Optimizer calculates a stack or upgrade DVD, and the delta between that DVD and the end stack level.

The latest stack DVD for Solution Manager is

51049441 SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 13

Perhaps it has been added to the XML. If it is there, it will not have a readable name, it will be more like a hexadecimal name.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I cannot find any records in the stack XML that begins with DVD.

I have attached the stack files that I received after running MOPZ.

Best regards,

Johan

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

I checked the stack.xml file attached and could see that your source system SAP_BASIS is 702 SP08 and packages from SP09 to SP16 are added to stack.xml .
I did not check further for other components. What do you mean by you could not find Netweaver components in stack.xml ?
Could you please explain or provide more details .

Thank you.

BR,
Gaurav

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I see the Netweaver 7.02 ABAP files in the attached XML. There are SAP ABA, BASIS, BI CONT , etc... files.

What do you find to be missing?

Perhaps you are looking at the text file. You can completely ignore the .txt file, it is only needed for upgrade from lower Netweaver versions.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know exactly what files I am missing, but shouldn't I also get Netweaver JAVA files?

When I am trying to implement this stack XML it will fail in Software Update Manager when it is doing the pre-checks. This is the error information from CREATE-STACK-FROM-FILE_01.LOG

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[D:\usr\sap\SM1\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\CREATE-STACK-FROM-FILE_01.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[CREATE-STACK-FROM-FILE_01.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:09 PM [Info  ]: Processing stack definition file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:09 PM [Info  ]: Number of source deployed components detected from components provider: 25

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:09 PM [Info  ]: Number of source deployed components detected from components provider: 25

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:09 PM [Info  ]: DeployController release is 7.10. Component version rule UPDATE_LOWER_ONLY will be used.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:09 PM [Info  ]: Getting all support package stacks allowed for deployment from inboxes...

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:09 PM [Info  ]: Getting all support package stacks allowed for deployment from inbox D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in...

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:09 PM [Info  ]: You can find additional information in log file D:\usr\sap\SM1\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\SCAN_INBOX_01.LOG.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Getting all support package stacks allowed for deployment from inbox D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in has finished.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Getting all support package stacks allowed for deployment from inboxes has finished.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.queuemanager.QueueManagerException: Support package stack D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml was rejected. For details see scan inbox log in current log directory.

And this is the information from the SCAN_INBOX_01.LOG file

!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[D:\usr\sap\SM1\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\SCAN_INBOX_01.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[SCAN_INBOX_01.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Scanning Inbox for stack definition files...

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Parsing stack definition file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_INDEX.xml...

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Parsing of stack definition file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_INDEX.xml has finished.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Error ]: D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_INDEX.xml does not contain a stack definition as its root element is SMSDXML, while sp-stacks is expected.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Error ]: Cannot construct a support package stack from file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_INDEX.xml.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Error ]: The given D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_INDEX.xml xml file cannot analyzed for the Support Packages Stacks.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Parsing stack definition file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml...

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: STACK-SHORT-NAME tag is missing. The CAPTION of the stack will be used as stack name.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: PRODUCT-PPMS-NAME tag is missing. The CAPTION of the product will be used as product PPMS name.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Warning]: Software feature SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 : Solution Manager ABAP Stack - 13 (03/2015) found in stack definition file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml is not applicable for Java stack. This software feature will be skipped.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Warning]: Stack SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 for product SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 will be skipped as it contains no applicable software features.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: STACK-SHORT-NAME tag is missing. The CAPTION of the stack will be used as stack name.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: PRODUCT-PPMS-NAME tag is missing. The CAPTION of the product will be used as product PPMS name.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Warning]: Stack SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 for product SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 will be skipped as it contains no applicable software features.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Parsing of stack definition file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml has finished.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Error ]: Stack definition file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml contains no applicable stacks.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Error ]: Cannot construct a support package stack from file D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Error ]: The given D:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SMSDXML_SM1_20150410130758.065.xml xml file cannot analyzed for the Support Packages Stacks.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Scanning Inbox for stack definition files has finished.

Apr 13, 2015 12:17:10 PM [Info  ]: Found 0 applicable items.

Best regards,

Johan

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the whole Java stack is missing, this is a case of a bad LMDB definition.

You need to make sure that the Java technical system is assigned to the product system , and the instance 'Solution Manager Java stack' marked as installed and assigned.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which option are you choosing on the SUM? stack.xml file or folder?

You need to point to the "stack.xml" file not the folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I am pointing it directly to the stack XML file.

Best regards,

Johan

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the Java stack needs to be product version Solution Manager 7.1, product instance Solution Manager  Java stack. It should be marked as installed and assigned. If you need details for this, let me know.

The EHP2 for SAP Netweaver 7.0 product instance could well be left unmarked, Solution Manager Java stack includes the Netweaver Java stack anyway.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thank you. I am not familiar with setting up the solution manager, so I would appreciate details
for marking my product instances correctly and in what transaction to do it.

Best regards,

Johan

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John ,

You can directly download the SPS13_stack.xml from service market place .

Go to Installations and Upgrades - S" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1> select Upgrade choose your OS and DB and download the files SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 SPS13.

For example for solman on windows and oracle you have stack.xml in  DVD 51049441_2 .

OR

What is the SLD strategy are you using ? Are you using the SLD on solman or do you have central SLD  from where your LMDB is populated .

Use t-code RZ70 and visual admin to push your Solman system data to SLD .

Use T-code LMDB and Re-sync the Technical system in LMDB ,assign Product version and execute verification check in LMDB . It will let you know the products  missing in LMDB , you can assign them manually .

Once your verification check  turns green , you can generate stack xml and upgrade your solution manager to SP13 .

Regards

Jayanth

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you can check KBA 2031584? It is quite detailed there.

If not, I might be able to take a few screenshots of this document and post them here.

Best regards,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I checked the KBA 2031584 and it makes references to the product systems editor of LMDB,

but when I enter the LMDB transactions I can only see two tabs "Technical system" och "Host"

I have added a file with a screenshot.

Best regards,

Johan

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is your Solution Manager system a 7.1 SP04 system?

On  SP04, Maintenance Optimizer works with product system data from SMSY. So, in the case your Solution Manager is on SP04 or lower, you need to assign the Java product instances in SMSY.

<edit> I see in your original description that your Solution Manager system is on SP03, so there is no LMDB product systems to maintain.

Add the product instance Solution Manager Java stack to your system in SMSY. Make sure that it has a Java technical system assigned. Please let me know if in doubt about this.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Things changed quite a bit from SP03 to SP12 (version that I have), so I can't show how to do it.

Please check these manuals:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000631992012E/SolOpsGuide_71_v1-4.pdf

Item 2.8 - Managed Systems Configuration

Ramp-up: https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

Regards,

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

Will I get all necessary files by downloading the upgrade from service marketplace?
In MOPZ I select the database independent files as well.

I have a centralized SLD, so my technical systems are fetched from that, but the problem I have in Solman is that the product systems setup is wrong which gives me a faulty stack xml file.

Best regards,

Johan

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan ,

You will get all the files required for upgrade from service market place .  SO you can continue with your upgrade without any problem .

Did you run the technical verification check in LMDB , that will point out the wrong Products assigned to the technical system .

Regards

Jayanth

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

If your solman system is already at 7.1 then you could only apply Support Package Stack. So you should select the "Maintenance"
option in MOPZ to generate the stack.xml file. Your stack.xml file should have the necessary
packages .

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gaurav Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I only want to apply the latest Support package stack of Solution manager.

I am selecting "Maintenance" option in MOPZ and after that in MOPZ i get a list
of SP's to choose from and I select the latest one, SP13 (03/2015).

MOPZ then shows that I need Support level SP16 (07/2014) for my Netweaver on the
solution manager server.

But in the stack.xml that MOPZ generates I cannot find any Netweaver files.

Best regards,

Johan

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution Manager 7.1 is based on Netweaver 7.02. There is no NW upgrade available now...

What's the SP level of your SolMan?

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I just need to install the latest Support package stack for Solution manager.

My current SP Level of Solman i is SP03.

Best regards,

Johan

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect that your SolMan isn't correctly maintained according to the recommendations: Maintenance of Product in the System Landscape - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki.

Please check if it's like this (this example is for ABAP stack):

Regards,

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Yes, I also suspect there is something wrong in the LMDB. The setup was done 3,5 years ago by a consultant and after that we have never needed to install a new support stack.

I don't know where the screen shot you provided are in the Solution manager, but I have attached two files from the Technical System Editor in LMDB.

- System type Application Server ABAP has both Solution Manager 7.1 and SAP EHP2 for Netweaver 7.0, but Netweaver is not marked as installed.

- System type Application Server JAVA has only SAP EHP2 for Netweaver 7.0. This System type uses an extended system ID.

Best regards,

Johan