Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Analysis Authorization checks in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing an issue with Analysis authorization checks in APO.

We have setup user access based on Management Entity (Analysis authorization - AGMMGTENT and 0TCAACTVT) and core APO authorizations (based on the work profile - e.g: Demand Planner).

Scenario: Consider User A has access to India and Australia Management Entities with 0TCAACTVT - *

This user also has display access to all management Entities (AGMMGTENT - * and 0TCAACTVT - 03). This scenario works very well in Quality where the RSECADMIN trace shows check on both Characteristics. However in Production the RSECADMIN trace shows up only against AGMMGTENT (*) and by default takes 0TCAACTVT as (*).

In Quality the Characteristics that get checked are as below : and it works as expected. Display access for Management Entities that are supposed to be displayed only and change access to only the Management Entities that it should.

However the Trace for Production shows the following : As a result it is allowing the user to change access to all management Entities. Which is not desirable..

Resultant trace results are as below: This should not happen..

I have compared all Analysis Authorizations and it is same across both Instances. The Demand planner access is consistent too..

Will it be possible for you to advise on what could I be missing.

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

have the RSD1 characteristics been compared to check they are are same in both systems

Also, AAs have 3 mandatory characteristics (within BI system 7.4 release it did)

0TCAACTVTActivity in Analysis Authorizations
0TCAIPROVAuthorizations for InfoProvider
0TCAVALIDValidity of an Authorization

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your response..

Yes, RSD1 characteristics are the same across both systems.

Also, the other Characteristics have been maintained too (same in both systems).
I also tried looking at Object ASOB (Transaction SOBJ) and it looks same in both systems..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If it helps, in Quality: the Authorization checks are listed as: Subselection (Technical SUBNR) 1

while in Production it checks Subselection (Technical SUBNR) 1 in one place, however where it fails - the check happens as Subselection (Technical SUBNR) 0.

Is there a way we can change this to SUBNR 1. Is there any table entry that I can look at to check if the Authorization check is functioning incorrectly..

Please advise.. Thanks..

Regards,

Prakash