cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status specific to cost element range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Is to possible to use a set of cost element range (for example; 00001-99999) in an user status for a WBS element, to allow postings with only those cost elements? If yes, please let me know how to configure the same in system.

Also, let me know, whether it’s possible to restrict different types of postings to specific WBS elements via user statuses?

Thanks,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user status might be an interesting idea if the business would like to change number ranges associated with same object over time period or dynamically.

But that process has to account for the status combination code update, that can be used in validation as a standard field.

At the end this is still a validation, but driven by the status combination code in the prerequisite section.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak /Paul,

Thanks for your responses.

Please find below more information on the requirements.

1.   1. Need An user status which can allow only internal postings to WBS from a cost element range (001 to 100 for example)

2.   2. Need An user status which can allow only external postings to WBS from a cost element range (101 to 200 for example)

3.   3. Need An user status which can allow ALL settlements to WBS (from all cost elements for example)

Is it possible to configure and activate this only by using user statuses in SAP? If not, is there any other workaround for this, apart from validations?

Regards,

Sumanth

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

It depends on your interpretation about what is internal and what is external.  For example for one user status you can allow Business Transaction called "Actual Activity Allocation", but for another it can be closed and so on.

I suggest you looking through the list of Business Transactions within OK02 t-code to see if that can cover your requirement.  It is not specific to any ranges of accounts though.

Customizing steps for User Status Profile are covered in my document:

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Your suggestion really make sense and the doc that you shared was very useful.

As per your suggestion, I have created an user status ‘X’ which restricts posting to WBS (like FI, GR postings etc) and its working fine. Now, using this X, can I create a validation for a WBS which can allow only a set of cost elements for FI and GR postings? I tried to create that in development but was unsuccessful.

Not sure, if this achievable in validations or not. If in case, it’s not.. then I feel, we have to create multiple user status for WBS which restricts different types of postings available in OK02. Hope, it make sense.

Regards,

Sumanth 

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Possible, but complicated.  Within validation for document line items you will have a visibility of the WBS-element, but not its master data characteristics.

Means you will need a User Exit (ABAP code) to get the information about the user status and next match it with account ranges returning True or False.

If characteristic is permanent it will be often coded into the WBS naming convention to facilitate posting validations.

Regards,

Paulo

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To mirror what others have said heree.  You will need to use a CO Validation (GGB1) along with the User Status.  CO validation runs at time of posting.  You will then need a ABAP check in the validation to check user status and the cost element to see if the combination is allowed.  I would also suggest you write the code to check if the Cost element allowed is in a Cost Element Group.  In that way you can change the CE group without recoding the validation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Yes, that could be achieved through validation. I do not think of any other solution.

Wait for experts to suggest you on this.

Thanks,

Yogeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Why user asking through user status ?

any how their requirement fulfilling through validation.

Please let us know any additional requirement from user.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The only solution is have validation rule in both cases

many Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Good option but our business wanted to achieve this with user statuses. Are there any inputs on that.

Regards,

Sumanth