cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add languages to customized attributes and labels via Batch Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we want to add languages to a running configuration to customized attributes. During implementation we have configured every attribute and label in UI tasks in English.

The customer wants to extend the language support to other languages now. So we have a list with all attributes +  labels and the corresponding translation in a few more languages.

I see the following ways to fulfill this request:

1) Add all languages with copy&paste to the attribute via the mmc UI. Which is obliviously a lot of work since we are speaking about 7 languages for over 200 attributes/labels. 

2) Therefore I thought about a way to automate this task. An insert statement directly into the table mc_language_translations. However, this way seems not to be official supported and I don't know whether there are any other important tables or not.

Does anyone of you have experience with Batch Uploads of translations into attributes/labels?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

Unfortunatelly the offical way is using the MMC.

You may give it a shot with the insert into the database - this should work. But my advice is to test it for few entries first and then go with the complete list.

Regards

Todor