Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC User dafaults

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need to Configure a Delete Access workflow in GRC AC where i have 3 requirements.

1) Lock the user  and change the validity date of the user.

2) Remove the roles of the user

3) Update the user group of the user.

First two requirements are done but the 3rd one is pending.

I have updated the decision table for User defaults in BRF+ as below and also assigned the action User default to Request type DELETE ACCOUNT.

Request type(003)-> System id->Default_id(As per SPRO)

But the assignment of user group is not happening.I have read some notes that i need to create a Loop Expression for this.Can anyone explain me what is this and what is the use of this as i have already created a decison table

Thanks

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Please follow below link for configuring user defaults and let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Thanks for the link.

I will follow the steps and let you if I get stuck anywhere.

my question is why we need to create loop expression here and won't the decision table suffice.

Thanks

Nitesh

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

I have tried to create a Loop expression but i am getting error whn i try to activate the USER_ DEFAULT application.

I am attaching the screen shots.please have a look and advice.

Loop:

Decision Table:

Error:

Thanks

Nitesh

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Since you are using "System" as one of the fields in setting the conditions for User Defaults, then try using the option for Implementing a LOOP in your BRF Rule. This might be needed since "System" field is not available under Request Header attributes, rather it is available as Role Attributes which are called as line-item fields while calling the BRF Rule. So, in such cases LOOP is a suggested solution, rather than using the Decision Table directly. Though within the LOOP, you can still call the Decision Table or implement IF/ELSE conditions.

Regards,

Madhu.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Can you change your Function mode to EVENT MODE and result data object should be USER_DEFAULT_ID and try again.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

I have created a loop as shown above in the figure but i am not able to activate the application as i amgetting the error.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

As mentioned earlier change the Function to EVENT MODE with result data object as USER_DEFAULT_ID and try again.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

I di the changes to Event mode with result data object as USER_DEFAULT_ID but the user group updation is not happening.

Please see below

Thanks

Nitesh

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

So now all the changes have been updated in BRF+ user defaults application as suggested and now when you create a GRC request you say that the User Group maintained in the User Default ID is not getting updated in the backend? Am I correct?

Also can you check if the other user defaults like Time Zone etc maintained in the User Default ID are getting updated for the user or not?

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

The details maintained in User defaults are not getting updated after approving the access request.

I have already maintained the BRF+ as shown above and did all SPRO settings

Thansk

Nitesh

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Any suggestion from your side?

Thanks

Nitesh

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team

The isue is resloved after creating a Loop and Decision table.The user defaults adn user gruop are getting updated for Remove access.

I removed the EXIT condition for the screen shot given above.

Thanks

Nitesh

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Glad that your issue is resolved Please mark the thread as answered and close the thread. Also share the screenshot for which you removed the exit. I assume LOOP exit condition is when User Default ID is not initial. Did you made any changes here?

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Please see below:

1)

2)

3)

4)

Thanks