cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT replication - Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SLT replication from SQL DB(NON-SAP) to HANA DB(SAP ECC on HANA).

Recently there was a change in approach. The source DB undergoes a snapshot replication(refresh of data) on a daily basis at a specified time. When this happens the triggers on the source system are getting wiped out and subsequently the replication goes into an error status. We stop and restart the replication so the triggers are created again. This is a manual approach.

I am just wondering if there is a way / provision within SLT that can regenerate the triggers without entering into an error state i..e once source DB gets refreshed, is there a way within SLT that detects this, stops replication and restarts automatically.  I know this is a dumb question but i got to ask. If you think of a better approach at handling this, please do let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for reading through.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one know how we can automate these aspects(like scheduling a report or program etc)

1) Stopping Replication for a specific set of tables at specified time. Its ok that triggers get deleted by doing this.

2) Starting replication for a specific set of tables at specified time. We know we have to load tables in full if we are doing this.

Regards

Kalyan

0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

Do you do any change in your table structure also ?

Also can you check you DMIS version .. With updated version this issue should not occur.

-

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash,

There is no structural changes to the table ever. It undergoes a snapshot refresh everyday.

I am looking for a way of automating the stop and restart of replication using standard tools.

Regards

Kalyan

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyana,

You can make job scheduling after the refresh happened .So schedule replication as "Schedule by time"

BR

AKJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks for your comments.

I have already tried that. Basically it works the first time however triggers get deleted the next day and replication gets suspended as a result of this. I stop and restart replication replication which fixes it but its a manual action. Is there any report or program that can stop and restart replication for a set of tables based on need.

Regards

Kalyan