cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward MAI alerts to second Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello solman experts,

we already use one central Solution Manager with several systems. No one of our customer plans to install its own Solution Manager and wants to set up the MAI there.

Is there any possibilty to forward all the MAI related alerts, etc. from this central Solution Manager to the Solution Manager of customer? If yes, how can this be established?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I try few options but is not possible 😞

The only chance that I see , is go to SP13 and use the new functionality "Email-to-Event Converter"  ....

Thanks

@WenSolman

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wen

It would make sense for SAP to provide inbound interface options. I'll discuss with team behind Technical Monitoring to see if anything else is in the pipeline or if they can provide something.

I've seen this question pass by many times now.

Kr

Tom

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

You could look at web services for going outbound since there is a mobile app based on web service data: SysMon_MobileApps - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Then inbound remains an item to be handled and I don't think there is anything foreseen which can do that right away so that would probably require custom development.

What is done most often is install a second Diagnostic Agents for the same managed SAP system so one agent point to that central SolMan and the other agent to that customers SolMan.

The whole scenario / concept has not been foreseen, unfortunately. It's definitely on the wish list but unless SAP decides to do something about it, we won't see it anytime soon because Technical Monitoring is not specifically in scope for enhancements looking at first version of SAP Solution Manager 7.2

Kr

Tom

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

many thanks!

I did not mean the special parts of MAIm, but the general approacah for forwarding of all parts of MAI functions, like alerts, reports, metric.

Is it possible?

Thank you!

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I don't think there is any standard functionality though, you need to make the developments for example consuming the data from CCMS, defining the auto reaction methods etc.

Regards

Rishav