Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM Career?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have undergone training of SAP HCM 6.0 from Genovate (Authorised Education partner of SAP),but didnt certified and neither I was having any implementation experience but now I want to go for internship, can I go for it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Oh yes, definately you can get into the internship but probably it will be good if you can choose to do your internship in an organisation where they use the SAP-HR Application so that at least you will have a  chance to work as an end user during your internship.

Dont forget only sap configuration knowledge is not the prerequistie to get a job in sap market, client needs to take a person who at least have some basic knowledge about the business process other than just by hearted configuration transaction codes..

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Oh yes, definately you can get into the internship but probably it will be good if you can choose to do your internship in an organisation where they use the SAP-HR Application so that at least you will have a  chance to work as an end user during your internship.

Dont forget only sap configuration knowledge is not the prerequistie to get a job in sap market, client needs to take a person who at least have some basic knowledge about the business process other than just by hearted configuration transaction codes..

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply,but is it necessary to be certified, I have experience only in Time Management & Payroll.I don't have HR background , then also its possible that I can get a job opportunity on basis of SAP HR.

Please advice.

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can definitely get certified but you have to remember that getting certified is not just the passport to enter in to the SAP Consultant position in any organisation as they interview candidates based on their process knowledge, sap configuration knowledge, testing knowledge etc. You can say certification is a plus but not a prerequisite. Prerequisite is somebody who has already some sap experience at his/her kitty.

The way you get experience is by working and using sap application on a day to day basis where you learn how you are executing the sap transactions to achieve the respective business processes within the organisation.

You are welcome to ask me any clarification that you need for this and you can also connect with me in linkedin.

Thank you very much.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish