Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t create and activate a costcenter via BAPI_COSTCENTER_CREATEMULTIPLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem to create a costcenter via BAPI. I hope someone has a solution for me.

After filling the table COSTCENTERLIST with obligatory data and commit the test of the BAPI there is no new inactive costcenter db record in my Costcenters list. I haven’t got any failmessage. Here my Test data:

I have tried to find the test record via BAPI_COSTCENTER_GETDETAIL1with a MASTER_DATA_INACTIVE parameter on but without success. The error is: “there is no inactive costcenter ‘TEST_Z123’ in the costarea 2000”.

I have also tried to activate my new Costcenter via BAPI_CTR_ACTIVATE_MULTIPLE and I got no failmessage and no active costcenter record.

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you get message in RETURN parameter, else did you execute a COMMIT WORK or call of BAPI_TRANSACTION-COMMIT?

(Also were you successful creating such cost center with KS01 transaction, to identify wrong or missing fields)

Regards,

Raymond

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you get message in RETURN parameter, else did you execute a COMMIT WORK or call of BAPI_TRANSACTION-COMMIT?

(Also were you successful creating such cost center with KS01 transaction, to identify wrong or missing fields)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is the correct answer.

The most common mistake 😉

Thank you very much.