cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Customer in KNVV How to delete?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In KNVV Table we have a blank customer how can we delete pls refer to screen shot pls.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tholuganti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with report SAPV019

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

I was wandering what selection parameters did you give to get this one record?

TW

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Press F2 on the selection field (here customer), then select single value, and then execute.

By the way, I assume, someone has updated the table directly from SE16N with &SAP_EDIT function (which is strictly not recommended).

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

How did client come to know that there is a blank record in KNVV?

TW

Thanks Deb!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe that someone fooled around with SE16 or similar.

It is just a poor SAP design in XD01 transaction.

You can hide all fields for the sales org screens but you cannot tell SAP that account group xyz should not have sales org views at all.

The usual case is that the users have their defaults set in the user parameters, so they have as well defaults for sales org, distribution channel and division.

When they execute XD01 all values are defaulted, you just continue with enter to create your new customer. You even get to the screen for sales org data but you have no field to enter, so you just save and this creates a KNVV table entry.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

The screenshot KNVV does not have sales area too.

In XD01, if user does not enter the sales area in the selection screen, he/she will not get the Sales Area Data tab in customer master. And without this tab, how can sales view be created for the customer OR, how can an entry be created in KNVV?

TW

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had not seen the screenshot - attachments are unfortunately not shown in the communications stream

It does not even have a customer number.

I don't think that you can get such case using the standard SAP Gui transactions or SAP given methods to load customers.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jurgen, that is the reason for my curiosity! How did client come to know that there is a blank record in KNVV?

Ankur,

Could there be blank records in KNA1 and KNB1

maybe you should check.

TW

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you see this entry probably as very first entry in SE16 execution at table KNVV without entering a selection

Maybe it was found by accident in testing of some programs or building queries.

These are usual ways how we find this kind of data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Actually customer trying to pull report from KNVV... so some how he faced this issue. Even for me also surprising ...anyway this issue is resolved .. thanks all for ur kind input

Thanks once again

Regards

Ankur

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

How did you resolve this? Did you remove this entry from the table?

Did you check KNA1 and KNB1 for blank entries?

TW

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

No standard SAP report exists for correcting such an inconsistency.

You will need to either create your own report to delete this or create an incident for SAP to check this inconsistency and delete the required blank entry.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Catherine