Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Java plug-in flag for user

srm_support2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to update the Java plug-in flags for some users in the production system. The user do not have the authorization to update the settings them self. I have admin authorization in cfolders and cannot see an option to do this.

Any suggestions?

Regards

SRM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that you need to go into the XML. This is a front-end setting in "Settings".

Could it be you disabled the flag with some kind of custom code? Normally it is open for users,see my screen shot.

Please check the Help here:

Plug-In for Processing Files - SAP Portfolio and Project Management - SAP Library

And also related note 1034072.

Ulf.

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ulf,

Unless I misunderstood the question, it was about how an administrator can change this value for other users, who are not authorized to access the user settings themselves.

Of course your reply is valid for the standard scenario, where each user maintains this value in their own settings.

Best regards
Francesco

srm_support2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

You're right. I have the admin roles and i see so do you from your screenshot. In this case i can set the plug-in as default for all users or for only for my users. The end user role does not have the settings function available for them.

When the plug-in is set as default for all users all new users should have it. But the update does not take for existing users.

I was looking for some program/ other options that would help me set the plug in for specific list of users.

Thanks Francesco for your inputs too but this is not related to the format.xml file.

Regards

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SRM Consultant,

This information should assist you (cFolders is not my area of expertise, but I found this information in a customer incident which dealt with a similar question):

The user settings of every cFolders user are stored in a separate XML file. To access those files connect to cFolders via WebDAV and open the 'User Settings' folder.

To make a change for every user, you need to copy the XML files to your local HD, make the change in every XML file and upload it back to cFolders with WebDAV.

There is no report, function module or other user-exit with which you could change the user settings. You need to do it via WebDAV.

Best regards
Francesco