SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Second register from all utility Installations in SAP.

former_member358312
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to perform an activity to remove the second register from all Utility Installations. Currently all devices have 2 registers in which the second one does not have any purpose.

How can i possibly remove the second register for all Installations. (Device)

If i perform device modification using EG42 and change the register group, i will need the meter reading for these Installations.

4 REPLIES 4

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you will need to bound the existing register config with a pre/post modification reading, unless you time the modification to coincide with a reading result.

EMIGALL - for Migration Object DEVICEMOD can be used to perform the migration between states.

I would also suggest that the register group assigned to the device category be maintained to a more rational default value, as it sounds like it is not set in line with the use case.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Daniel.

I intend to perform this activity on the next date of meter reading date. That way, pre modification read will automatically be fetched by the system but i need to populate the post modification date.

I have thought of using LSMW but the issue is that i dont want to populate the meter reading from an external legacy (excel etc.)

Using EMIGALL, is there a way by which both the reads can be fetched by the system or populated  (Both pre and post modification reading will be same).

0 Kudos

the automation structure would be passed the expected values. IE you will generate a migration file with the readings filling DVMABL.

Alternatively you can generate an ABAP rule to fill the values in ZWSTAND as needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if the meter reads are not taken for the respective meter/device, then i recommend to change the 'register group' with a single register group at relevant device category of that device to fix this.