Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoterms

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a shipper scenario can someone let me know based on various incoterms maintained in sales order, how does OTR/DTR decides which party is responsible for payment since there are no charges calculated in these documents.In a LSP scenario specific to FWO based on incoterms we have party roles and speciifc mapping is there and charges are also caluclated.However I find this steps missing for a shipper scenario.Kindly advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

In case of Shipper, the concept of 'Incoterm Location' comes into play.

The 2nd part of incoterm ('free text') on ECC side is mapped to a corresponding TM 'Location' in the below setting.

This splits the Freight unit into 2 stages.

Next, for the FO you create from this FU, you can give appropriate Partner Determination Profile (that copies Invoicing Party/Payer from either the Shipper of the consignee.)

BR

narender

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So in that case the free text in sales order is mandatory and we need to keep in mind that if we maintain free text like free on board , the same text should be maintained in the above screenshot.

However when we go to the field incoterm location  it means 2 stages i.e from shipper to incoterm location and then from incoterm location to consignee. Then how do we find out which is the incoterm location exactly we need to specify here since its a master data?

Secondly can you inform where we specify the partner determination profile in FO since I think its a config and how does it exactly inform who the payer is? If you can highlight the logic here it will be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- The 2nd part of incoterm in ECC is essentially nothing but a name of some location. So Mumbai will be written as Mumbai only by one and all . However, if someone in business can also write 'Mum', a mapping should be maintained with 'Mum' also.

2- You can specify a Partner Determination Profile in the FO Type controls (see below).

You can define it in the given node-

The configuration is quite self explanatory- you can specify the Source Role for any Party Role (so source role for Payer can be Shipper or Consignee as per the requirement.

-BR

narender

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Mapping of incoterm free text to location in TM is done in transaction /scmtms/incloc_map.

Answers (0)