cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap wm difference handling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have po of 10 qty . I have done GR for 10 qty but while transfering it to bin I found that thereare only 9 pieces. At the time of confirming transfer order I have mention that difference & now that 1 quantity is in 902 storage type.

What steps I further need to do to remove this quantity from storage type 902?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Operationally you are supposed to perform the IM posting only for those quantity what you received physically.

it looks like that you perform the IM posting without physical checking the goods if that is so then you can reverse the material document and perform the posting once again with 9 unit but you need to get an agreement with your business process owner and finance team as they can only suggest whether that is acceptable or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Manish, clearing or scrapping the extra unit is not appropriate unless per the terms of your contract with the vendor you must receive the full amount on the P.O. even if the actual delivered qty is lesser. If its scrapped or written off you will be paying for something that was never delivered. You should cancel or revers the GR material document and re-post for the correct amount OR post a reversal (102) for the one unit. If you do a reversal against the PO for one each the qty in 902 will disappear with no subsequent need to transfer stock around in WM.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

902 is interim storage type   with WE-Zone as storage bin so  try to create Transfer order with mvt :501 transaction LT01
that will place the quantity missed into the appropriate Storage Bin

hope it helps

khalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have configured your source bin as the one for handling differences, you have stock in 902 Storage.

As per your current situation, the IM stock of the material is 10 (But physical stock is 9 only) so you have to clear this difference.

Now transfer the difference qty 1 to the WM Difference storage type - 999.

Then execute the LI21 transaction to clear the differences in IM. Once its executed, system will create a 712 material document and stock in IM and WM will be 9 which will match the physical stock of the material in the plant.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,