cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Payment amount greater then invoice amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

This pertains to ver 9.1, PL 04.

I have a client who is attempting to process an incoming payment that affects dozens of Invoices and Credit Memos.  The Invoices all have a 2% Cash Discount applied. Total Amount Due on the screen equals the payment amount, but when we try to add the document, it triggers an error of “Payment Amount is greater than Invoice Amount”.  This is probably a rounding error with the cash discount, but the only solution I’ve found in my research is to change the displayed decimal places, add the document, then return the decimal placed back to normal.  When I attempted to do so, I was presented with a warning that changing the decimal places is irreversible. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do that.

Even if that was the answer, it would be a thoroughly unworkable solution since they will be a applying cash discounts regularly and it is likely that rounding errors will become common.  Does anyone know of another solution to this issue?

Randy Davis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

How much total invoice value and how much payment you want to book against those invoice.

How much decimal do you use. It depends on rounding amount too.

Increasing decimal is irreversible action. It may be possible your customer and your system both look at decimal differently.

Mostly you need to enter amount as per sap amount with consideration of SAP.

Regards,

Chintan