Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication from MS SQL DB to SAP SQL Anywhere

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, all

I would like to inquire what would be the best practice to replicate data in numerous tables of MS SQL DB to tables with similar structure in SAP SQL anywhere.

I would prefer to use built-in features from both suppliers, like change tracking in MS SQL and Mobilink in SQL Anywhere.

Due to large amount of data, I need to make sure that only actual changes are uploaded to the SQL Anywhere DB, so putting a Mobilink server on the MS SQL itself + adding timestamp fields on all replicated tables is not a preferred option.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you

Arcady

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Arcady,

SQL Anywhere only officially supports SQL Remote and MobiLink as data movement technologies as a remote client.

There was also support for Replication Server back in SQL Anywhere 11, but that support was deprecated and removed in version 12.

The SQL Anywhere ODBC driver does support the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator, so if you find a solution that can use that, feel free to try it out.

Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Anywhere also both support proxy (remote server) tables to each other, so perhaps they might be able to help out here?

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arcady and Jeff,

I have a customer who want to replicate from MSSQL to SQA.  Do you know of any consultants who would be able to implement this?  they are best in LA.

Regards,

Joseph Shaffner | Vice President, SAP Solutions | Bradmark Technologies, Inc.

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jeff

I made an attempt to set up a pulling Mobilink replication from an MS SQL server, and to my surprise it went much faster and easier than I expected.

So, thanks, it appears I will be using Mobilink for this purpose.

Answers (0)