cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SUM: MAIN_NEWBAS/XPRAS_AIMMRG: Syntax Error in SAPLSUU6

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pinging on what looks to be a minor bug with SUM 1.0 SP12 patch 12. The symptoms and resolution are pretty much identical to that described in Note 2093666 (Syntax Error in SAPLSUU6), except that according to the Note the error was corrected with SUM sp12 patch 6.

The upgrade stopped with a number of errors in phase MAIN_NEWBAS/XPRAS_AIMMRG, essentially that job RDDEXECL terminated for post-import methods:

• /SAPSRM/PDO_MD_L_U_AFTER_IMP_I for /SAPPSSRM/CTRL
  • /SAPSRM/V_SWITCH_AFTER_IMPORT for /SAPSRM/V_SWITCH
  • /SAPPSSRM_BASE_AFTER_IMP for /SAPPSSRM/VC_HT
  • /SAPSRM/PDO_MD_L_U_AFTER_IMP for /SAPSRM/V_ITPRO

Digging into the job logs for RDDEXECL I saw that it was short dumping due to a syntax error in program SAPLSUU6, include LSUU6TOP: Type VSUSR_USBAPILINK is unknown. This is just as described in the Note.

The Note says that in SUM SP12 with a patch level earlier than 6, the fix is to logon to client 000 as DDIC and execute report RSSCD_CHECK_GEN to regenerate change documents, then repeat the phase. With SUM SP12 patch 6 or greater, simply repeating the phase should fix it.

Repeating the phase alone did not fix it, but running RSSCD_CHECK_GEN did. This was on patch 12, currently the latest. So, the workaround/fix from the Note still works, but the bug seems to still exist in SUM for a few of these after-import methods.

This was an upgrade from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.02 sps14 (i.e., including Basis 731 sp14). I ran SUM in 'Single System' Mode. The platform is Windows 2012 R2, SQL Server 2012 sp2 cu5.

Otherwise, everything ran well. There was another slight hiccup in the same phase (after I resolved the one above) in which 'example' BAdI implementations are activated by the upgrade, but I think this might be more specific to SRM.

Note to everyone else -- the discussion is not marked as a question because I have in fact resolved the issue for my system as described and moved on (the upgrade is complete and successful).

Cheers,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops, there is one other small bug. The feedback form doesn't seem to exist. Clicking the link on the 'summary' page of the tool opens the URL http://<host>:4239/eval/EvalForm.html but results in a "Not Found" error.