cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate or Deactivate System-Alias based cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm at a customer implementing a standard Fiori app. It's a hub deployment so there is netweaver gateway instance apart from the ERP instance where Fiori and app specific UI components have been installed. And a OData related component has been installed on the ERP instance together with IW_BEP.

I was wondering about this new node I've found on SPRO. At my last implementation I do not recall it being there. I've realized that the services comming from the Netweaver gateway are fast. But the ones comming from the backend (ERP) are slow.

Is the metadata cacheing of the services coming from the frontend managed by the first node and the metadata cacheing of the services coming from the backend managed by the second? If so, where is data actually cached? On the Netweaver Gateway instance or in the ERP instance?

I've looked for official information in SAP help and the spro node, but couldn't find anything about it so far.

Best Regards,

Facundo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Facundo,

this option is available since Gateway 2.0 SP8 .

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2000134

It seems to resolve problems based on services that have multiple system aliases. If the services are different in the systems then the latest cached is available causing problems to the others.

See the problem in details here:

Regards,

Vasilis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Facundo,

/IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP : For backend service cache cleanup

/IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP - For frontend service metadata cache cleanup.

Regards,

Tejas