Did you mean: 

MS SQL to ASE migration fails

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I´m migrating from SQL Server to ASE. Last import job fails with:

ERROR: 2015-04-10 18:16:04 com.sap.inst.migmon.LoadTask run

Loading of 'SAPVIEW' import package is interrupted with R3load error.

Process 'C:\usr\sap\VM2\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -i SAPVIEW.cmd -dbcodepage 4103 -k 1WmfdeM50D801eqtdQQt1Q96 -l SAPVIEW.log -c 99000000 -loadprocedure fast' exited with return code 2.

For mode details see 'SAPVIEW.log' file.

Attached SAPVIEW.log file - any good ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Problem solved:

I stopped the installation and deleted everything. The i started a new import - 28 job failed in phase Import ABAP.

I updated the Kernel 742 to latest patch (101) and copyed the content og \migrationdir\DDLSYB_LRG.TPL to \instaldir\DDLSYB.LRG.TPL

Import ABAP phase are now finished ok and installation is continuing ok.

Thanks for input!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jakob,

Excellent news and appreciated that you took time to feedback to the community.

Mark you message as answered/resolved.

Cheers,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Have you tried to perform a select on any table, eg: "YIT_SAP" to confirm it's existence ?

eg: SELECT T0002."LANGU", T0001."SCOMP2", T0001."POSIT2", T0001."SCOMP", T0002."KTEXT" FROM "YIT_SAP" T0001, "YIT_SAPT" T0002 WHERE T0001."SCOMP" = T0002."SCOMP" AND T0001."POSIT" = 0 AND T0001."POSIT2" <> 0)

For the same table, check your import logs to reconfirm a successful creation and load.

Cheers,

Amerjit

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The views does not exists in DB... But isn´t it the creatio of the views who fails?

We are in phase Import ABAP and this is where this views are created right?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to do the full system restart and then retry again in the same phase

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jakob,

Views can only be created if the underlying object (the table(s)) exist hence my asking you to check the existence of table "YIT_SAP".

From your log it looks like the table doesn't exist.

>> Log Excerpt <<

[ASE Error SQL208:42000][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]YIT_SAP not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

>> Log Excerpt <<

Please execute the SQL mentioned above to cross check (connecting as owner).

If, as the log suggests, the table wasn't created, then you need to check your other logs for this table to see why it wasn't created.

KR,

Amerjit

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i can confirn that the problem is that some tables are not created. But how can i found the log-entry for the specific table? And how to rerun that job who was supposed to create the table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jakob,

1. You need to check on the export side to see if the tables were exported (check export package log files)

2. You need to check your import logs (assuming the tables were exported).

3. Did you run the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL report on your source system before starting the export ?

If I may ask, have you ever done a OS/DB before (will help me in how I formulate my replies) ?

Amerjit

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SQL) INFO: E:\migrate\VM2\ABAP\DB/SYB/.SQL not found

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(DROP VIEW "AIN_LOGSYS_V")

DbSlExecute: rc = 103

(SQL error 3701)

have you checked SAP KBA's   2098811 - SAP BS on ASE: "Create index was aborted" during Import - declustering table

2069472 - upgrade fails with Errors: 3701, 3461, 3462, 3451, 3454 - Cannot drop the view 'sysqueryme...

1714086 - SQL Error 103 in developer traces for DROP TABLE /BI0/01

Hope this will help you.

Regards,