cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your Troubleshooting Process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PowerDesigner crashes.  Where do you look first to diagnose the issue?

Or, there is a repository insert error, and the model is not checked in.  The error message says something like

unique constraint (schema.PMTEXT_TXID) violated.  How do you find the object that is in violation in order to fix it?  Is there a model of the repository that may show relationships among tables in order to point to a path to repair?  Or a script to check the model check in and provide a more robust description of the problem?

How do you troubleshoot PowerDesigner issues?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue when attempting to check in the model.

cannot insert duplicate key row in object dbo.PMText

I am running 16.5 SP4 PL01

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

please look into your "Output Log" directory for files like _PD_SessionLog.txt and General.log The actual "Output Log" directory is defined in the PowerDesigner -> General Options

HTH, Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response Rafal.  I looked at this log, and there was no inidication in it that PD had crashed at all.  The logged items seemed rather immaterial and cryptic.  e.g.

4/14/2015 6:14:40 PM: Closing <> ...

4/14/2015 6:14:40 PM: Closing <> DONE.

4/14/2015 6:14:40 PM: Closing <> ...

4/14/2015 6:14:40 PM: Closing <> DONE.

4/14/2015 6:14:40 PM: Closing <<Static Objects> (::StaticObjects)> ...

4/14/2015 6:14:40 PM: Closing <<Static Objects> (::StaticObjects)> DONE.

There are other entries indicating I opened and/or closed a model, but that doesn't tell me about the crash.  So I wondered if there was someplace else I should look?  Or do you see value in this log that I'm missing?

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, then maybe you need the logfile from the proxy server. What you can try else is to deactivate or clear the local cache. General Options -> Repository -> Local Cache First Clear Cache, if this doesn't help, try to deactivate the cache... The error you are receiving is maybe not correct and it's related to a cache issue... same we had few months ago. Deactivation the local cache helped