Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second factor authentication via mail

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I would like to know whether it is possible with NW SSO to send an automated mail with a randomly generated code as part of the 2 factor authentication scheme

thanks in advance and best regards

Michele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michele,

yes, this is possible with the latest sp of the SAP SSO 2.0 product.

Regards

Donka Dimitrova

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the information, will give it a try...is there any howto kind of documentation?

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michele,

Yes, you don't need to ship a physical SecurID token to the user, and the user can get an SMS message or email (depending on how it is configured) when they login.

Thanks

Tim

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I had a look at the help documentation and found only sms related topics..is  there an easy way to test mail delivery of the passcode or custom code has to be written ? I am not a developer and just wanted to try in our lab this setup

thanks and regards

Michele

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the RSA Authentication Manager documentation where it tells you how to setup email delivery of passcode.

Thanks

Tim

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

sorry but did not understand..for having mail delivery the rsa am is required ? by default only sms is possible via otp ?

thanks and regards

Michele

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michele,

The solution is available as part of the two-factor authentication with OTP (SAP Single Sign-On 2.0) and requires an access policy development. See more details about access policies as part of the SAP Single Sign-On 2.0 here:Access Policies Implementation Guide - SAP Library

Best regards,

Donka Dimtirova

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have RSA Authentication Manager ? This product supports On-Demand authentication where a passcode is emailed or sent via SMS to the user.

Thanks

Tim

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes we do have RSA, does this mean that we could skip the token shipment and just send the code by email ?

thanks and best regards

Michele