Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdispatcher - Port for Java-System

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we want to publish a SAP Java Portal via SAP WebDispatcher.

My question is, which port do I have to enter in WDP-Config (MSPORT=####).

Is it the 5<SID-Number>00 or the 81<Sid-Number>?

And which SID-NUmber is it? Java-Instance or MSG-Server Instance?

Or do we need to publish more ports into the DMZ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MSHOST=<ms-host>, MSPORT=<ms-http-port>: The host name and HTTP port of the SAP Message Server that provides the information about the system in question

Http port on message server host.

can be checked on tcode SMICM .

BR

AKJ

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know, in ABAP but not in Java.

Where can I find this in Java-Portal?

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check in java , NWA...........system landscape

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check those parameters on the Developer Trace of the MessageServer on SAP MMC, or on the instance profile: [SID]_SCS00_[SERVERNAME].

MM

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Check the dev_ms file in the usr/sap/<SID>/SCS<nr>/work directory. This will have the http port, for example:

[Thr 6884] set HTTP state to LISTEN [Thr 6884] *** HTTP port 8101 state LISTEN *** [Thr 6884] MsHttpOwnDomain: own domain[1] = wdf.sap.corp [Thr 6884] *** I listen to internal port 3901 (3901) *** [Thr 6884] *** HTTP port 8101 state LISTEN *** [Thr 6884] CUSTOMER KEY: >G0508331440< In this case the port is 8101 regards, Hemanth

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe it was a miss understanding.

I did only publish the ports of java instance (central + msg-server) to webdispatcher.

And webdispatcher is publishing it to web.

However, in webdispatcher I don't get it displayed in admin-console.

Another abap-server I get displayed.

I have done that config

wdisp/system_1 = SID=<Java-SID>, MSHOST=<java host>, MSPORT=5<MSG-Server SID>00,

However, if I go into admin-console of webdispatcher I get not displayed the server.

I also tried with central-instance SID, but the same problem...

So I am a bit confused, why the webdispatcher is not finding the system.

I am talking about the web administration interface.

Where you can find in menu bar, left bottom, the configured systems (based on SID given in wdisp/system... parameter).

And I also find my java portal, but on clicking on the details I get not displayed the portal server.

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets try to sketch here your landscape:

Internet -> firewall 1 -> DMZ -> firewall 2 -> Internal, is that correct?

Let's imagine that your webdispatcher is listening on port 8800. On firewall 1, you need to open external connections on port 8800 and deliver them on webdispatcher DMZ IP address.

On firewall 2 you need to open all ports (msg_server port, HTTP port, ...) used by the SAP backend system, otherwise the webdispatcher won't be able to properly connect.

Regards,

MM

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right, thats how it is.

And webdispatcher is in DMZ.

If I go to admin console of wdp, I can see the connected systems, which are handled by wdp.

At the moment we have one abap system which is already running well and I want to extend now by one java system.

in the admin console of wdp I can see both sids (abap and java). The abap-sid also displays the server-status as green.

And if I check the java-sid I don't get display the server, like the webdispatcher can not connect to the java-portal or msg-server of the portal.

So, is that value correct?

wdisp/system_1 = SID=<Java-SID>, MSHOST=<java host>, MSPORT=5<MSG-Server SID>00,

Should it be msg-server port or instance port?
If instance port, wherefrom does the wdp get the msg-port?

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On JAVA systems (at least from 7.30 and beyond), you have always 2 SID per system.

The first have the msg_server and enqueue_server, the second the working processes.

The webdispacther should point to the msg_server, but the firewall needs to let it connect to other ports, because the msg_server will redirect the call to the instance port (the one that actually does the work).

MM

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

so thats what we already have done.

opened msg-server port and instance ports.

And I have linked the msg-server ports, however it does not show in webdispatcher console.

Kind regards

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have access to the firewall to check the connections coming from the wdp?

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Christian ,

Your message server port is not correct , It would not be 5<Ins>00 . Please check your  SCS instance profile for the correct port or use jcmon/jsmon/MMC

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c2...

Thanks ,

Manu

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

soo...guys...
I have done the following.

We have 01 as central instance and 02 as msg-server.

So if I enter server:50100 I get the page.

We have now released server:50100 via firewall to DMZ (where webdispatcher is).

If I open in browser the url via server:50100 it is opening.

However, in webdispatcher config it is still not displayed in admin console.

Do I also have to release msg-server in firewall?

Kind regards

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Yes you will have to.

Regards,

Siddhesh

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

The  port you will have to open and make known to the webdispatcher is your message server port  [ SCS ] .

Once this is done you will have to access your links using your webdispatcher ports  ( ie http/https ://<webdispatcher server>:port and not 5<in>00 ports or message server ports .

You should not open  other ports other than the webdispatcher ports  to the outside

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You have to mentioned a unique port for web dispatcher and using which you will be able to access web dispatcher. Web dispatcher port has nothing to do with Message server port or instance port.

please go through the below link on this...

Starting the SAP Web Dispatcher with the Bootstrap Option - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

Regards,

Prithviraj.

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

The correct port is indeed message server's, which will be reached and queried about all the available instances on the system and with this information, web dispatcher knows which instance / system to forward the request to.

After setting accordingly, you can test with the following command:

sapwebdisp -checkconfig pf=/path/to/webdisp/profile

This command will retrieve the information from every system connected from the configured message servers.

Cheers,
Ian Segóbio.

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean a Enterprise Portal, right?

Then the WD should point to the 81<SID-MUMBER>, and the SID is the MSG-Server instance.

Regards,

MM

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

that was also my idea...I tried it, however it isn't working.

I have to check the log again...but it means I am on the right way, thx for help