Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Storage (SU Managed) with No Mixed Storage Allowed

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

In Bulk Storage with SU and no mixed, i've already defined that each bin has 5 pallet (5 SU) maximum, there's an incoming material A, material A with batch X will put into storage bin A01-01 as 3 pallet (only filled with 3 SU), and then there's an incoming again for material A with different batch let say batch Y, SAP prompt an error message (Mixed storage is not allowed in storage type) while TO creation because WM putaway strategy propose to fill in storage bin A01-01 not the next bin.

Why the system suggest storage bin A01-01 not the next bin like A01-02? because i already defined that my warehouse doesnt allowed mixed storage with any combination, my requirement is only one material one batch in one bin. why SAP always look for same material whereas i already set no mixed allowed for batch or material? is there any option to fulfill my requirement? Bulk storage as next empty bin?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I suggest you to create a manual TO with LT01 and check the Bin determination log

Regards

Claudio

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

I've already check storage bin search log.

My requirement is to create TO refer to material document or delivery or TR with automatic proposed storage bin by system.

Thanks.

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can you share bin determination log? just to understand why it proposes the same bin even with different batches

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Attached as below.

It says add to existing stock, because if you use bulk storage with SU managed you must maintain add existing stock indicator in customizing. is there any method we could use for this? i want manage multiple SU in one bin with different material and batch.

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you have to change the level of total in the storage type control of bulk storage from 1 to 2 (see your first picture posted):

Level of totals information

If a bulk storage area has storage unit management, the system must keep a record of the totals information since this is needed for stock removals. The exact level within the bulk storage area for this totals information is defined by this field and by the field for mixed storage in the table for storage type control.

You can control whether or not batch information can be kept in the totals information. If you have the setting "batch-neutral", stock removals are batch-neutral up to confirmation, and, if you have stock placements, the system searches for bins where the respective material, not necessarily the same batch, is stored. If you have the setting for "batch-specific", stock removals take place with the batch specification, and, in the case of stock placements, the system searches for bins that have the same batch.

Note: The value 1 for batch-neutral is interpreted in connection with bins with non-mixed storage (mixed storage ' ') as a 2, this is, the batch information is also stored in the totals information.

In your case the system searches for a bin with the same material irrespective of the batch (vene if the Note says the contrary, but just try)

Claudio

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anyway I perosnally do not like strategy B- bulk since it has a lot of constraints so I use it only if strictly necessary.

Could you use different strategies like...don't know...strategy P- pallets?

Claudio

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudio!

My problem is solved with your suggestion, thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please share the screenshot of storage type control data from the node

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

This is my storage type control

Warehouse C02 and storage type ZZZ.

Thanks.