cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of file communication channel server path locations - PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody let me know how to do "Mass change of file communication channel server path locations". We are on SAP PI 7.11.

Regards,

srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP PI 7.11. I am following this blog to retrieve adapter information. But I am not able to get file adapter information from WsNavigator.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0487ced-f537-2d10-249d-f6c7323c2...

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards,

Srinivas

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you provide more information? Which step of the document are you trying to perform? Which service are you using in WSNavigator? What parameters did you put, and what is the response? Screenshots would be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to use this step :

How to Obtain Adapter Information to Populate the Worksheets to find endpoint for communication channels.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos
engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what do you see on the same screen in your system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeaoh,

This is the screen I see. When I search for channel endpoint, I am not able to find it.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yeaoh,

One more small info, do I need to activate anything to get http://host:port/pimon to get working.

When I give pimon URL, my system says "No Such resource available".

Regards,

Srinivas

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change search type to "Provider System" and use Local Java AS as the provider.

PIMON is only available from PI 7.3x onwards.

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Select provider system-->search for "CommunicationChannelIn"--> click next--> than  select operation "Read".

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeoh,

Got it working. But I don't have sufficient authorizations to get the channel info.

Thanks.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeoh,

If I need to get all the file sender channel information, what are the values do I need to give.

Regards,

Srinivas

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Unfortunately, I don't have sufficient authorization in my system to test this out. You should just try out the API with different values and see how it behaves. Maybe other forum members who are familiar with this API can give you further pointers.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies...I am planning to use Directory API...Let me come back to you  on this.

Regards,

Srinivas

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

There is a tool for communication channel migration, unfortunately i don't test it for update, i used it only in the migration between different systems, you can check if it can be useful or not: Migration and Mass Change of Communication Channels - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Regards

former_member202642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do I have to do if I want to change just the path prefix i.e. only a certain portion of file path under source/target directory.

Please sugget

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

AFAIK it is not possible to include patterns in a mass change, may be another SCN has dealt with  similar problem and can give you any tip or workaround.

Regards.

former_member202642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see any other discussion over this requirement.

If you find something similar then let me know.

Thanks,

Aamir

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

AFAIK, there is no such feature available - you would have to manually change each channel and activate the changes.

An alternative approach would be to build a program to automatically perform change and activation using the Integration Directory API. More details on the ID API on my reply in the thread below.

Rgds

Eng Swee