cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract project from SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I spent a few hours yesterday on building a project on HANA studio connecting to HANA @ AWS. Then today I want to continue my work.

Unfortunately the IP address of the HANA instance @ AWS has been changed after a suspend-then-activate, so I the original repository doesn't work any more.

Now I add the new DB connection, and hope I can check out and import project. But that button is grey.

Could anyone give help on this?  Thanks.

BTW, how do you usually manage the issue of changing IP address of HANA instance? thanks for any ideas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick follow up.

I had an solution for changing IP address.

Just go to hosts and add a line like

xxxxxx   aws_hana

Then always I can use aws_hana as the host address and update hosts file if IP has been changed.

Still I don't know how to extract project. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already how to do extract project from HANA.

1, Go to Repositories tab and right click 'Default' repository and choose XXXX (cannot remember).

But my understanding is current default repository is just remote one existing in HANA side. Now what we need do is copy the content of remote repository to local.

So it will ask a workspace for the local repository, then copy.

2, After copy remote repository to local, the icon would be like the following.

C:\AWS_HANA_WORKSPACE is a new folder I created just now.

3, Now we check out everything. And the root package 'FRED_PROJECT1' will be slightly different from before.

And here is my project.

Hope it help others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one thing to keep in mind is that if you synch up your workspace with server (via check out and import) anything that is not already on the server may get deleted/overwritten, so hopefully you have a backup somewhere else in Windows.

Answers (0)