Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilevel Categorization Activation in Solution Manager ITSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Eunhwa.

I have a question regarding ITSM Multilevel categorization.

When I revise a activated multilevl categorization, the error message appears. Fyi, I attached a screen shot.

I don't know ways to solve this error message. Please give me a guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is a duplicate name in of one of the categories. They can not be the same technical name.  If you need the same text used in more than one node, create a new technical name with the same text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eunhwa,

this means, that your Z*(?) Transaction Types are already assigned to another MLC-Schema. So the System has for one Transaction type 2 MLC assignments and therefore does not know which one to use if you create e.g an Incident.

In most cases its the Schema out of which you performed the copy of your new MLC.

As Prakhar already wrote, as soon as your new Version is active, the old Version will be set to inactive. Andn ow the System has the 1:1 relationship between Transaction Type and MLC, which it Needs to work correctly.

Cheers,

Robert

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eunhwa.

just check the start time for your new version ...is it contradicting with others?

double check the existing schema available for your Z* transaction type like you have shown in your screenshot with start time etc and then make the appropriate time for it

Please note you can only have one active version per transaction type.

Thanks

Prakhar