Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent key of a root node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Is there any way that i can fill i.e., overwrite the Parent key filed of a root node?

Scenario : I am using a representation node(X) as a child under a Standard node(P). As X is a root node of a separate BO , its parent key is null always. But since i am making it as a child , can i manually overwrite it?

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I guess you can since you can always manipulate the db table of the root node of your BO representation node.  However this seems like a very bad practice and I would absoultely discourage this approach.

(When you reference that BO from multiple other BO's, the parent key would only be correct for one of those BO's).

Are you familiar with the Delegated Object? There the host key fulfills the role you are describing.

Also, with the cross-BO association (BO representation node), the resolving node has the key / alternative key of the referenced BO. In case the association is 0..1, an attribute of the resolving node will fulfill that role (See the document from Thea Hillenbrand).  If you need a 0..n association, you have to create a subnode to store the keys first.

Let me know if this helps, otherwise can you give us some more specifics about what you are trying to achieve?

Kind regards,

Bjorn