cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFROMS - Upload/Download & Copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with Smartforms in DEV. Accidentally, I deleted one Folder, which does hv many (text)nodes!

So,

1- Now, What is the solution, Is it that I hv to download it from Test box?(Anyways, I dont hv access to QA box) If so, How to download(if I granted the access) the corresponding Smartform with navigation pls.?

2- Is it overwrites the existing Smartform in DEV box?

3- Or I hv to download it with different by Renaming it, to avoide the the above 2nd problem?

4- I think, One can not copy the (Text)Nodes from one Smartform(say, MY_SF_1) to another(say, MY_SF_2)?

ThanQ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Goto the Q System ,then from SMARTFORMS transaction code, <b>Utilities --> Download</b> to Down load the smartform, then come to DEV system, then <b>Utilities --> UPLOAD</b> the Smartform, here better to give a new Z name for this smartform. then you can start the changes to this Smartform

Regards

Sudheer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Go to QA->Utilities->Download Form.

It will store it in XML format on the hard disk.

Go to Development->Ur Smartform->Utilities->Upload.

A pop up will open asking whether to overwrite the smartform or not.

Click 'YES'.

This will solve ur problem.

Please reward all helpful answers.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinivas,

Please find below, answers to your questions:

1- Is it that I hv to download it from Test box?(Anyways, I dont hv access to QA box) If so, How to download(if I granted the access) the corresponding Smartform with navigation pls.?

<u>Ans:</u>

<i>You can do a transport (or an upload/download) from test system to development system</i>

2- Is it overwrites the existing Smartform in DEV box?

<i>yes it will overwrite the existing SF in DEV box, when you do a transport.</i>

3- Or I hv to download it with different by Renaming it, to avoide the the above 2nd problem?

<i>yes, you can rename while uploading/downloading the form

4- I think, One can not copy the (Text)Nodes from one Smartform(say, MY_SF_1) to another(say, MY_SF_2)?

<i>You cannot copy nodes from one smartform to another</i>

<u><b>Alternate solutions:</b></u>

1->please check if there exist a previous version of the same form in DEV 
     box; if it is available, please do revert to previous version option.

2->get access to Test system; open the smartform editor and the required node;
     create the node and its contents manually, comparing with the Test system
     editor (will be difficult to do.)

Hope this helps,

Sajan Joseph.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ to all.

Sorry, for not mentioning in my previous querry that, my requirement is such that, I dont want to OVERWRITE the existing Smartform in the DEV box! So, thats is my requirement,

So,

Is it possible? If so,How to achieve it?

ThanQ.