cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP works manager 6.2 with ESRI maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We are using SAP Work Manager 6.2 with SMP 3.0 (SP05) Agentry and attempting to implement the ESRI location tab in the IOS agentry app but  coming up with the following issue. 

we have followed the exact steps in the SAP® EAM and service mobile app SDK Installation Guide with the exception that we are using Xcode 6.1 instead of Xcode 5.  we have  also had to include the System.Configuration framework but apart from this it has gone together without a problem.

We can run the existing SAP Works Manager app on the IPAD so we are able to successfully connect to the SMP agentry server but when we try to run the custom agentry app it halts at the following screen. We have tried different agentry users but with no success.

Could you please suggest if there are any other information available to get this working .

Following are the other SCN links we tried following

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20b3f3d8-9d8f-3210-4cbc-f3e42e6df...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Check the SDK version that was used to build your custom Agentry Client. Not the Server version.

From the initial screen click on the Info/About icon to see which version you're using to build your client e.g.

Looking at your image you can see the input field where you're meant to enter the Work Manager URL is behind the header field. I had the same issue when I was using an old version of the SMP SDK / Agentry Client.

I suggest you download the latest SDK version from the SAP Service Marketplace and rebuild a new client using that.

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Checked the Version of the on Agentry client its Agentryv7.0.0.536 , could you please suggest which version worked for you.

Regards

Siddhartha Ampolu

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That version is very old and is the cause of your issues Siddhartha.

Download the latest SMP SDK which is SP07 PL01 from the service marketplace

SK

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

How did you go with the latest SP version?

Did you solve your issue?

If so it's best to close this thread so other people who have the same issue know how you solved the problem.

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thaank you for the reply , Was able to build the client using the latest SDK  for Agentry from the SMP sever we have .

Regards

Siddhartha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

What Mobile SDK SP PL version are you using?

I would install XCode 5.1.1 (still available for download via developer.apple.com). I had issues with XCode 6.x.x and reverted to v5 and got it working after some assistance from Bill ()

can you confirm if XCode 6.x.x can be used for building the iOS app?

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

We tried to follow the instructions with XCode 5.1.1 and ended up with same result.

we are using SMP 3.0  sever  SP05  but not sure about the PL version, Could you please suggest how and where to look for Patch level (PL) .

Regards

Sid

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Actually Xcode 6 is required for building the iOS clients now. I also recommend using the latest SDK iOS Framework as well. 

I just built one this morning using SMP 3 SDK SP07/PL01 on XCode 6.2.  Just waiting for data to download to test now.

--Bill