Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal eventing: hiding iView?

Liesbeth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've made 2 portal components: a search iView and a result iView. When I enter searchcriteria in the search iView and click the search button, the result iView shows me the results (via EPCM event). Now, I'm wondering if it's possible to hide the result iView and only show it when the EPCM event is raised?

Thanks a lot!

Liesbeth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also don't know of a way to do it (which doesn't mean it's not possible!). You can ask in the "portal" forum, since this isn't a .NET question...

Some UI advise (which you can choose to ignore) - It's not considered proper (SAP-Portal-like) behavior to hide iViews and have them show up later. SAP UI directives usually recommend that all elements in the UI remain visible (even when empty). Also, when possible, they should remain the same size (like filling up an empty table with empty rows, to keep it the same size). This normally achieves better UI experience since all elements remain in a static and thus well-known place for the user.

But that's up to you

Anyway, if you do want the other iView to only appear when the search is done, I don't really see the point in doing it in a different iView! (except for proof of the ability...) just do it on the same one and use invisibility to hide it until needed.

Regards,

Ofer

Liesbeth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, you're right, thanks for the advise! I was just wondering if it could be done...

greetz

Liesbeth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is that the iView tray is added at the building stage of the portal page and that is not controlled from the .NET side.

You could use the visibility property, iView will be empty but the iView tray will be shown.