"Java Media

SWPM*.SAR
For the following products, the JAVA media
labeled as "JAVA DVD for installation/SWPM" must be used for all SWPM based
installations, when available:

• SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.3 including Enhancement Package 1
    • SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.4 Support Release 2

"

Where can I find "JAVA DVD for installation/SWPM" for 7.42 ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Welly,

Please try the Java media for SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SR2 (material number 51048524). Under http://support.sap.com/swdc, you can search for JAVA 7.4 (make sure to have only "Software Insatllations (CDs DVDs)" selected for "Search Objects").

Best regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Boris, I found the Java media, but the error still persist. Why does LVM looking for  NW_DI:NW742.MSS.PD, yet, when I ran sapinst from SWPM, it found JAVA AS 7.42 as shown ?, I tried using SWPM10 SP07 & SP08. Thank you

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Welly,

There seems to be a mismatch in SAP LVM concerning SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SR2, which the colleagues would have to investigate in detail (although they already have a pretty concrete clue what would be required). Some background information: Software Provisioning Manager requires the media mainly for the license installer - they have to clarify, if they need the latest version (in which case SAP LVM would have to be adapted to handle also SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SR2) or if the version did not change (in which case they could add a mapping to Software Provisioning Manager, so that SAP NetWeaver 7.4x is accepted, no matter which version SAP LVM hands over).

Could you please open an internal support message and attach the log files of Software Provisioning Manager? If you like, you could send me the message number after creating it via email, so that I can forward it to the developers.

Best regards,

Boris

Answers (0)