cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW characteristics CHRMAS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to upload characteristics into SAP by using LSMW CHRMAS01 without sucess. I don't understant, when I process IDOC I get the message below:

Error during IDOC processing. see log for details

I don't know why I get this message.

anybody could help me

Thanks a lot

Corentin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your segment E1CABTM is a field missing: ATBEZ

You are only have a language key there but no description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I tried your solution, but I have always my issue. I don't understand why.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Corentin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best you create a characteristic manually in CT04 which has all the values entered like you want it to be .

Then send this characteristic with BD91 to a file, main reason is to get an IDOC, then compare this system generated IDOC with your  IDOC from LSMW.

If you don't know how to do that then see my blog

You changed your example now which complicates the issue. What I see from the data  I would just say that they are inconsistent in my understanding of how data should look like, e.g. you are using language key E for English but have actually french text as characteristic description

In your segment E1CAWTM you tell SAP to add a value description in a different language, but a) the language is not different to your language of the characteristic and b) you do not even have a description submitted in that segment (field ATWTB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Ok, thanks for your reply.

I have another issue regarding assignment of classes ann charcteristics to materials.

For that, I use the idoc message type CLFMAS02. That works fine when I upload the first classe with its characteristics. But when I want to assign another classe with its characteristics to the material, The système delete the first classe and replace it by the last classe posted.

Why that behaviour ?

How can I upload 2 différents classes and its characrteristics to a material ?

thanks for your help

Best regrads

Corentin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You classify an object (material).

An object can have one or more classes.

But the classification is only for the object (or do you see the class next to the characteristic when you classify it?), hence you have to have all classification for one object in one IDOC.

By the way, you should only ask questions in one thread that will fit to the subject line.

Close your discussions if your issue is solved and let the people know what answer helped see this blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jurgen,

Thanks for your reply. I kwon that an object can have several classes. This is what I want to do. I would like to assign 2 classes to one material. But When I post the IDOCS only one class is created, and I don't know why?

How can I do in order to create many classes for one material by using IDOC method. See below the result of my LSMW after conversion in IDOC, and the result in my matérial.

The class ZCLA_CC doesn't appear in the material master data (calssification view). It seems the last class posted replace the first class.

Thanks for your help

best regards

Corentin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you created 2 transactions in your LSMW, thats the reason that you only see what the second transaction did, as it overwrote the result of the first transaction.

You need to have this in one transaction.

like this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks a lot for your reply ! I reviewed my format file, and that seems ok now.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Best regards

Corentin

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Corentin,

Please refer this links,

and OSS Note 943559 - FAQ: Frequently asked questions about the classifctn. system

question 7.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had a look at those links but that doesn't resolve my issue regarding the error message above : Field not found in table. I don't understand what the issue is.

Thanks

Best regards

Corentin