cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exception not caught in client proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

We are running on ERP 6.0 EHP6 and PI is on version 7.3.1 SP14. We are doing some negative testing on an asynch interface and see what happens when PI goes down. The message is triggered by a client proxy in ERP. Here is a test ABAP report that triggers the proxy:

The code works fine if PI is up. When I bring down PI or just change the IS_URL parameter for the interface, the code still works and the exception was never caught. Did I miss something? By the way, I can see the error in sxmb_moni. So it is not the end of the world. But it would be nice to be able to catch the exception in the abap code.

Please advise,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

If it is asynchronous proxy you don't get an error in proxy when PI system down the message will be created and failed in SXI_MONITOR because that is what asynchronous means fire and forget.

The same discussion you can find in below.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Praveen

I saw that thread. But according to the thread, an exception does get raised when there is no connectivity. Is that your understanding? So when I bring down PI, I should see an exception.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

That error messages which Inaki showing is for synchronous interface not for asynchronous interface, asynchronous interface will not raise any exception it will only fail in SXI_MONITOR.

Regards,

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you will also see the LUW in error state in SMQ1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Eng

I didn't see anything in either smq1 or smq2.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Praveen

But then what is the purpose of the ci_ai_system_fault? At what condition is the exception actually raised?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

>>>>But then what is the purpose of the ci_ai_system_fault? At what condition is the exception actually raised?

ci_ai_system_fault raised only if the interface is synchronous

Regards,

Praveen.