Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD mat. no. 50105790/content: SAP Front-end Package 7.20 Final Compilation 3

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need the above DVD, but can't find it on the market place.  Where can I get hold of it?

I am well aware of it being out of support but I need it to create installation files for our BW 3.x users who have yet to migrate.  There is a bug from BEx Patch 11 onwards with the variable screen in a workbook and I need to revert the installation back.  Unfortunately we deleted the DVD thinking it was no longer required ages ago until now!

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig/Matt.

Patch 0 is in fact Compilation 1,but I don't see any later compilations there.

usually /swdc is for the intallations,but no sign of any GUI files there.

The best to hope for here is to use patch 0 and then create your installation server with this "patch", then patch your installation server with the desired patch.

This should hopefully provide you with a workaround you need.

Jude

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

Using Patch 0 and it works.

Thanks very much saved my bacon.

Cheers

Craig

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can also open an SAP message and ask them to send you the file you need.

I did this once in the past and got the file within 3 days.

good luck.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I'm not sure about finding the full installation DVDs for out-of-support products, but you can find all the patches for the same if you look through the Support Packages and Patches section of the Software Downloads area on the SMP. There is an Archive link which will then take you to older versions, and SAPGUI 7.20 is included in there. Since the patches are cumulative, I think you may be able to perform a standalone installation using just the most recent one, or whichever one is appropriate for your scenario.

You can actually still find SAPGUI 6.20 there, in fact.

I have not located an archive location for the sapsetup patches, however.

Note, I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it would work, but it's worth a shot.

Cheers,

Matt