cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding return storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

Actually , facing a problem when I tried to fill the data in " return storage type " space during TO creation .

The thing is that , I'm trying to fill all the necessary data , like storage type , section , even bin coordinate in " return " field of TO creation window , after filling all data - when , press enter to save it , that time return fields get blank ..i've tried it numerous times with different storage types , but same happens.

why it behaves , so ? ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The value in Backsp. depend on the setting at storage type level , check customizing of storage type 035 whether return storage type value is defined there or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish ,

1. 035 - storage type , is unchecked for " return stock to same bin " ... and

2. if i press enter for saving it , - it , saved ... but , while tying to return / cancel the TO , then stock backs to same bin instead of customized bin ....

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could  you please share the screenshot of customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is 035 storage type screen shot ... any more customization's screen-shots , require ?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are supposed to enter the value in return storage type or return to same storage bin.

e.g. if you are maintaining value 002 in return storage type, and SU(1000000120) is in source storage type 035 and  quantity in SU is 4 unit then

Scenario 1 - Removal of full quantity from the source to destination

in your case storage type 035 is storage unit managed and as per your LT01 screen if you are trying to move the full quantity (4 KG) of SU 1000000120 to destination storage bin 01-01-03 then system won't populate any value in Return storage type (Backsp.)

Scenario 2 - Removal of partial quantity from source

if you remove partial quantity (less then 4 KG)  from source SU 1000000120 to storage bin 01-01-03 then the storage type 002 will appear in the Return storage type

Please check which scenario are you testing  ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish , thanks for your valuable inputs .

I've done necessary changes as u suggested

But , my scenario is a little bit of different .

1. I create a TO ( by 999 mvt. type ) , where stock transfers from suppose , A storage type to B storage type's bin...

Creation of TO , with full or partial quantity - but , after creation of TO , I want to cancel / return ( by LT15)  TO - item as of full or partially and to return it to a different storage type , instead of source storage type .

but , every time it goes straight to the Source storage type .

I'd like to ask , is it standard behaviour , or can I set my setting as of above mentioned scenario ? ...

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LT15 is for cancellation of transfer order and after cancellation stock will go back to the same source storage type / storage bin from where the picking was suggested.After confirmation of TO you cannot perform cancellation and  before confirmation picking has not happen so no point of transferring pallet physically to another return storage type. you need to revisit your business requirement once again

what you are expecting is not in line with standard Warehouse process and not a standard SAP behavior.

Please have a  look on the standard SAP link for more detail.

Stock Return Methods - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am curious to know what you hope to achieve by maintaining the return storage type during manual transfer order creation and why it is "required" in your scenario.

Return storage type is similar to pick point and can be used to define where material is returned to after stock removal or over delivery. Maintaining entries there is not a technical requirement for manual T.O. creation and based on the fact that you have not maintained such in your storage type definition I have some doubt about whether its required as you mentioned.

If you press enter /save the transfer order and confirm with LT12 do you not get the desired result?

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jacob ,

it's my scenario ....

1. I create a TO ( by 999 mvt. type ) , where stock transfers from suppose , A storage type to B storage type's bin...

Creation of TO , with full or partial quantity - but , after creation of TO , I want to cancel / return ( by LT15)  TO - item as of full or partially and to return it to a different storage type , instead of source storage type .

but , every time it goes straight to the Source storage type .

I'd like to ask , is it standard behaviour , or can I set my setting as of above mentioned scenario ? ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is standard behavior. LT15 is cancel T.O. - until the T.O. is confirmed no stock movement takes place. You can think of a transfer order that has been created without confirmation as a proposal for stock movement. Before it is confirmed and if it is canceled then no stock movement takes place. I believe you are thinking of a confirmation with differences and not a cancellation. In the case of transfer order confirmation with differences there are various options to select including leave the stock in source bin, send the stock to 999/ *transfer order # dynamic bin or return bin as you mention.

In this case I recommend you research transfer order confirmation with differences and the available options...

Handling Differences - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library