cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create Java Virtual Machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing Failed to create java virtual machine error in SAP Lumira 1.23 while opening it.

I need to uninstall it and install again whenever I want to use it. but this is not correct solution of it.

Please suggest the solution for this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning, Sheetal - We had the same problem. We have a number of Windows 7 32-bit PCs. I opened a message with SAP, and here is their guidance. If you look at Note 2124755, it will refer you to another note, Note 1951035. IN this note, it says you need to download the Java Access Bridge for Microsoft Operating System 2.01 from Oracle. The URL is in the Note 1951035. I downloaded the one for the manual installation. Then, once you have extracted the files from the ZIP file, here is where I placed them:

Copy WindowsAccessBridge.dll to %WINDOWSHOME%\SYSTEM32

Copy JavaAccessBridge.dll and JAWTAccessBridge.dll to

C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\bin

Copy accessibility.properties to C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\lib

Copy access-bridge.jar and jaccess-1_2.jar, jaccess-1_3.jar and jaccess-1_4.jar to

C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\lib\ext

For good measure, I usually reboot the PC afterwards. Then you should no longer get the error message "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine".

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Blair Towe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Thanks for reply.

I will try doing this.

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

One other thing, Sheetal - Also, right-click on the Lumira desktop icon and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the box the Run As Administrator. If you are an admin on the PC, you can set it to do this for all users as well.

I hope this works for you!

Regards,

Blair Towe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Thanks for quick reply.

I have tried to above things but I am not able to open SAP Lumira.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

What is the architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) or your OS and Lumira? How much RAM do you have on your computer? Are there any traces created in Lumira log folder (C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi\logs)?

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having Windows 7 32 bit on my machine and RAM is 4GB.

Checked in this folder (C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi\logs).

Above is the screen shot of this folder.