cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wm picking mix pallet from production & staging in high rack storage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

High rack storage is SU managed. I want that if I receceive 3 different material from 3 different production order how can I club them in one pallet & store them in high rack. We have activated wm pp interfaceso that TO is getting created for finished material.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use LT01 to manually add your different items to the same SU/BIN in High Rack storage as long as there are no restrictions on number of quants on you bin or SU settings. Aside from manually selecting the destination SU during palatalization or by creating a transfer order manually to move it into the SU there is no standard functionality that would automatically add mixed items to the same SU and BIN from production order GR.

Note: there are configuration settings that would need to be set to allow this during paletization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

In this situation do I need to stop TR creation for finished goods receipt from production.

What best I can do. or Should I create new storage type for every production line & create one fixed bin under that so that I can automate TO creation & confirmation to that fixedd bin.

From this fixed bin I will trigger TO to high rack by creation of mix SU with tcode LT01.

Kindly confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not stop TR creation and I would automate T.O. creation/confirmation to default storage type and bin. From there you could actually use LT10 to pull the items from the default storage type/bin at one time and assign to SU by doing put-away in foreground. With LT10 you can even maintain your print code/printer and print the SU. As long as you know the items showing in your default storage bin are from a certain production line you can select just those items when using LT10. If mixing the items from different production lines in the same bin is not practical the requirement becomes more complicated and you may need to go for the approach you mentioned. In my mind it is just as efficient to create the TO for put-away after the initial TR/TO is completed as long as the initial TR/TO happens systematically and leaving that part alone means you can do this with standard and no customization would be required.

EDIT: Just tested in lower system...LT10 works very well for your requirement 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will create one new storage type & one bin for every production line. With user exit in TO creation I will decide to which bin TO should get  created.

I hope it is good idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's difficult to offer logical advice without having a better picture of your operations...As Manish mentioned the stock can be pulled directly form 901 and moved into high rack on same SU as per your requirement. If you are using a dynamic bin for the GR destination bin (bin number can be your production work order number). You could easily use that bin number as your reference to move the specific qty of material into the specific bin you want to move it too.

If using some reference to determine the correct stock to pull from 901 is not a good solution and having the stock placed in a unique storage type/bin for each separate production line is a requirement then yes, automating the TR/TO and "create one new storage type & one bin for every production line. With user exit in TO creation I will decide to which bin TO should get  created." sounds like a good solution. With that method the stock placement from GR will be very accurate and it will be aligned with the physical location of the stock.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you receive stock from production it goes to storage type 901 which is non SU managed area. from their either you can use LT01 or LT10 to transfer the stock from 901 to High rack(SU managed) and provide the same SU number provided the mixing is allowed in customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody please help me on this.