cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inprocess Inspection - Missing characteristics

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using in process inspection ( Inspection type 03 ) .However While  result recording for the inspection lot created I can not see any characteristics in result recording screen. (System message - No characteristics were found ).

1) Inspection type 03 is active (Check characteristics check box is also active)

2) No inspection points are assigned to the routing.

3) MIC are correctly assigned to the routing operation

4) Validated that same routings are assigned to the inspection lot.

Still I can not see any characteristics in result recording scree for in process inspection lot created.  Need your help on this issue.

Thanks,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

It's a bit surprising if all checks suggested by Craig and Nitin is successful but still you can't get MIC's in inspection lots!! Please can you please double check -

a) There is absolutely no issues with MIC's linked to routing operations, MIC's are all in released state (?) and the MIC version is correctly assigned to the routing, there is no issues with the control keys assigned to operations form PP perspective, which support inspection.

b) If everything is fine, then in your main order, you will get the in process inspection lot number. Please can you try removing it and then do re-read PP Master data, to create a new inspection lot. Then check in QA33.

c) Also check the inspection point used for your operation.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check to see that your control key being used for the operation has characteristics checked in it.

Also check in the material master for the 03 inspection type that the indicator "Check Chars" is clicked on.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

Both the check box are active. Is there any reason for this issue.

Thanks,

Amol

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was the routing or material master updated after the order was released?  You'd need to make sure the routing was re-read if you made any changes after the order was released.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And lastly, check on QA33 for the lot. Make sure that it's not sitting out there in some CRTD state which means it won't show up on a lot of the standard worklists until it's fixed.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the information. However in my case the routing are created well before the order release and lot is also in Released mode.

Still not sure why this happening. Just to make sure I tried on other material and same issue was observed for this material too.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  It's not the release.. It's the order creation date that needs to be looked at.  it has to have been created AFTER the changes.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well everything seems correct so you may want to make sure that you are taking a same plant everywhere.

Other than that, please share the system status of inspection lot. Since MICs are not visible, there is a probability that Short term MICs are used and UD is done (However, I personally don't take more than a rare probability for this).

ntn