Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHINE content :: Getting error in Data generator screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

HANA System Version: SPS7

HANA user: SYSTEM

I am running the Data Generator via XS Engine URL. I was able to generate PO(Purchase Order) data successfully. But getting the following error(as shown in the snapshot) while generating data for SO(Sales Order). As per the error message I could see this is something related to DB Sequence.As a first thought,I cross checked with the sequences at all related schema SAP_HANA_DEMO,SAP_HANA_ADMIN and SAP_HANA_EPM_NEXT  but I could not find any related sequences.

Can you please guide me in fixing the issue.

Regards

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you perhaps at some point perform a reload but didn't reset the sequences? This could cause the sequence number range to get out of sync. I suggest performing the reload of the master and transactional data and then resetting the sequences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

Earlier I tried the options as you mentioned.{Tried reloading w/o resetting the sequences}. But as you suggested ,

First , I did the reloading of Master data and Transnational data(checked only Reload Master data and Reload Transaction data). And I received the log results saying the tables were Truncated and Reseeded.Hence I could see the default table entries like PO and SO header tables having each 1000 records along with master data tables filled in with the records accordingly.

Secondly I did selected the Reset Sequences(only) and Executed. Now I received log as 6 of 6 sequences recreated.

And finally, I selected the check box Generate data and gave 3*1000 and 3*1000 for both PO and SO . And I received the same error message as I mentioned in earlier post.

Please suggest if I followed the correct steps and guide me accordingly.

Regards

Lokesh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What happens if you only generate 1 batch instead of 3? I think this was an older bug that has been since been fixed that only impacted batch sizes larger than 1 on the data generator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes it does well for 1 for the first time( after reloading and resetting the sequences). But later these 1's also having the same error as I showed before.

If I am correct , I think I downloaded the latest SHINE content from Service Market place.

However,If this is a bug which is already fixed, Where do I get the latest SAR/tgz and what could be the latest patch version of it. This will help me to download the correct path/package from Service Market place.

Regards

Lokesh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You downloaded the latest SHINE from the service marketplace? But you said you were on SPS 07. The latest version of SHINE is only available for SPS 09.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

This is the content package that I have installed on my HANA System(version 1.00.72) HCODEMOCONTENT08P_3-20011690.zip.

This was the package that I(with the help of Basis team) downloaded and applied on my system.

Can you suggest the right SHINE content/package version for my HANA versions !?

Regards

Lokesh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well first in the screenshots you sent you are running epmNext and not epm. So the DU you listed above isn't even the same content you are running in your screen shots.  epmNext is the advanced version of SHINE we use for education courses like openSAP and generally only distributed directly via the system images for the courses. Not sure how you got that on your system. Do you have the same error when you run the epm version of the data generator?

As far as the patches on the service marketplace for epm, here is what is available:

SP 07 PL 4 for SAP HANA DEMO MODEL 1.0

SP 07 PL 1 for SAP HANA DEMO MODEL 1.0

SP 08 PL 3 for SAP HANA DEMO MODEL 1.0

SP 08 PL 2 for SAP HANA DEMO MODEL 1.0

SP 09 PL 3 for SAP HANA DEMO MODEL 1.0

SP 09 PL 0 for SAP HANA DEMO MODEL 1.0

You've applied the SPS 08 version of SHINE to your SPS 07 system. For an SPS 07 system I would definitely suggest the SPS 07 version of SHINE - patch level 4.  Although to get the latest and greatest version of SHINE you would need an SPS 09 based HANA system and apply the SPS 09 patch level 3 version of SHINE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks alot for detailed reply and I understood the Problem. Now I have applied the SP7 HANA demo model content  and it is working correctly. Thank you once again for the details.

Regards

Lokesh

Answers (0)