cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine deliveries in VL10B with different Delivery dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

It is an Inter-Co. STO scenario. The scenario is that we do VL10B w.r.t. PO. But the issue is that when Ship-to is same and Ship point is same but different POs have different delivery dates @ line items then they are slipt according to the Delivery dates. I know it a standard scenario. But we want to create one delivery irrespective of delivery dates, as long as Ship-to and Ship point are same.

I mean to say that different Delivery dates should be unified or something like that.

Pl suggest.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The business requirement is that in VL10B, if Ship-to is same and Ship point is same but there are different POs with different Delivery dates- then System should combine all the line items into one Delivery.

Thank you.

PS: Friends pl suggest something. I'm repeating my requirement:

Ship-to should be same and Ship point should be same.

If there are multiple POs with multiple Delivery dates- then VL10B should create only ONE Delivery irrespective of the Delivery dates.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The business requirement is that in VL10B, if Ship-to is same and Ship point is same but there are different POs with different Delivery dates- then System should combine all the line items into one Delivery.

If 5 Open POs are there with different delivery Dates --Then All this POs should be clubbed into one delivery..Is it right?? I think There was no issue with your inventory levels..

Have you tried with the Field""Item Requirement at OVLK for your delivery type"""

Have you tried By Doing a New Routine specific to required country..

Pl Update..

Phanikumar

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The criteria for combining deliveries is:

1. Same delivery date

2. Same ship to party

3. Same plant.

4. Same shipping point.

In your case, the Purchase order has lines with different delivery dates. Hence it cannot be combined into one delivery.

Moreover, even if you were to combine lines with different delivery dates into one delivery, the problem is that one delivery document can only have 1 planned and actual goods issue date, not one date per line item.

Please explain the business process more clearly so that an alternative solution may be suggested

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business requirement is that in VL10B, if Ship-to is same and Ship point is same but there are different POs with different Delivery dates in different line items- then System should combine all the line items into one Delivery.

Pl suggest.

Thank you.

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Whenever a delivery needs to be created, you can change the delivery dates for the line items in the purchase order and then combine them into one delivery.

Please check with the business if the solution works. If not, you might have to go for a custom development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello S Kari and others,

The scenario is as under:

1. It is an STO from Plant to Warehouse in the same co. code.
  2. In Warehouse a Scheduling Agreement is created on the plant.
  3. Customer orders come in the Warehouse. But MRP generates requirement in the plant based on the setting in Material Master. MRP generates Schedule lines in Scheduling Agreement. For the same material, schedule lines are created with different Delivery dates. This is a standard behaviour and it is ok in our scenario also.
  4. Hence, FG is being transferred from manufacturing plant to Warehouse.
  5. In plant, Delivery is being created with VL10B, for Scheduling Agreement. Now the BIG issue is that due to Different Delivery dates, VL10B splits the Deliveries. This is posing a Huge problem in material handling in plant as well as in Warehouse (put-away).

Therefore, we want that VL10B should create one Delivery for all Schedule lines irrespective of Delivery Dates.

I've searched the form and googled also but could not find any std. solution. Strangely while searching for the solution I found that large no. of people are facing this problem and SAP has not provided any solution! What can be the reason that SAP has not come-up with a std. solution?

Pl help

R.Sgr

Former Member
0 Kudos

R. Sgr,

Seems like your requirements are meandering a bit.  First you talk about STOs and POs, now you are talking about Scheduling agreements.  It is a bit hard to follow.....

Your scenario is somewhat bizarre.  It appears that you have configured your Scheduling Agreements to replenish the warehouse such that they are planned with multiple schedule lines, but you don't want to deliver to the warehouse according to the multiple schedule lines.  This doesn't sound like a problem with VL10B, this sounds like a problem with your Scheduling agreements.  Why have you created them in this way?  Don't you think these SAs should use aggregation horizons to combine schedules?

Anyhow, if you insist on butchering VL10B, then I believe the question has been answered, by using the note mentioned by various experts above as a basis for your programmers.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 377501 can help with this scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

We can not apply any note because VL10B is used across the world in our Co. But we want to combine deliveries irrespective of Delivery dates (LFDAT) only for one country. So note will affect all the users using VL10B. So we are planning to create a Z- t.code as a copy of VL10B and do the modification.

Now my issue is that: I need some guidance on how to write FS for that. Pl suggest.

Thank you.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested note 377501, you can very well implement the same where where in the correction instructions, you can hard code the country or Shipping Point whichever you want

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi and others,

Thanks for your contributions. First of all, we're modifing our Scheduling Agreements. Now system will give Schedule lines for every Monday. Hence the Delivery dates (LFDAT) will fall on every Monday and Delivery split will be greatly reduced.

However note 377501, tells that if you want to avoid Delivery Split you can do necessary modification in routine 301. So my understanding is that this routine is set between Dummy Sales Order and actual Delivery (i.e. DL and NL). And as suggested by Lakshmipathi I will hard-code the Shipping point. So this understand of DL and NL is correct?

Note 377501, also says that a delivery split occurs if the originally planned delivery date of the reference items is different. So I'm little bit confused that Delivery split occurs due to Different Delivery dates (LFDAT) or different planned delivery dates. I will test it but I'm asking this because to do modification in routine 301, I should focus on LFDAT or planned delivery dates or both?

Thank you.