cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO single stack restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on a PO single stack. I have done some changes in the Java System properties in NWA. Should I restart the system?

If I restart the system, how long will it take?

I have some JDBC interfaces being triggered evey five minutes. What wil happen to them? Can I reprocess them after rrestarting ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mishun,

Normally, Java changes needs a PI restart. Check this Starting and Stopping - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

I have some JDBC interfaces being triggered evey five minutes. What wil happen to them? Can I reprocess them after rrestarting ?

Only the asynchronous messages can be restarted. You can stop these sender channels before the stop.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki

How long does it takes for single start PO server ?

So the JDBC messages triggered duing system restart will be in system error. And I can re process them? Will it reach PO if the system is down?

Scenario is from JDBC to ECC

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

How long does it takes for single start PO server ?

This depends about your PI hardware and the configuration. i can't give a direct answer,

So the JDBC messages triggered duing system restart will be in system error. And I can re process them? Will it reach PO if the system is down?

Yes , you can reprocess them, However, in your scenaro i'd rather to deactive the sender JDBC channel. The messages can't arrive to PO because the adapter engine will be unavailable, this doesn't mean that the application that insert the registers in the DB will work normally, the only thing is that you have some registers without treatment in the DB during the restart process.

You should do this actuation in a quality system before to do in production

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JDBC channel is configured to pick up data every five minutes. If I say deactivate JDBC channels and reactivate once he PO is up, will I suffer data loss.

This si production PO

I have one more question, if ECC triggers a message during PO down time what will happen? It will be failed in SXMB_MONI of ECC, I can reprocess them once PO is up, right?

Will I lose messages in either scenaio? I have incoming messages from both JDBC and ECC in my sytem and I had to incorporate some changes in Java System Porperties, connection time out parameter. In fact I already changed the parameters

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

JDBC channel is configured to pick up data every five minutes. If I say deactivate JDBC channels and reactivate once he PO is up, will I suffer data loss.

I don't agree with this statement. The data loss depends about you sender jdbc SELECT/UPDATE queries. If you use a SELECT with a status flag, why should you loss any data?, the only problem is the available data to be picked increase considerably and depending your SELECT/UPDATE queries the message will be so big to be processed.

I have one more question, if ECC triggers a message during PO down time what will happen? It will be failed in SXMB_MONI of ECC, I can reprocess them once PO is up, right?

If you are using sender abap proxies you will can view the message failed in the ECC sxi_monitor transaction. This also depends if you have activated the monitoring in this environment. You will can reprocess only the async messages, from that transaction or SMQ1/SMQ2 transactions.

I had to incorporate some changes in Java System Porperties, connection time out parameter

Where are you changing the timeout parameter?. As far as i remember in a ECC with ICM restart is enough, and if you change the parameter in the RZ11 transaction the change is immediate although the change is loss if the system is restarted.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PO, NWA, Java System Properties

I made the changes in PO only.. So I have to restart for these change to work..

I am using ABAP proxies. So in ECC, I have to activate monitoring in Integration Engine configuration, right?

When I go to SXI_MONITOR in ECC, i am able to see messages, so that means its activated, right?

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Yes. It is activated.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

When I go to SXI_MONITOR in ECC, i am able to see messages, so that means its activated, right?

It's activated but this doesn't mean for all kind of messages. For example, i have a production environment with only the monitor activated for the async scenarios.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add - Not all the changes requires a restart.

Even if they are not working as expected, you can restart that particular service, instead of restarting the entire system.

Can you let us know which service property are you changing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one

com.sap.aii.adapter.as2.app

here i changed the values of http.client.connection.timeout, http.client.socket.timeout and http.client.max.total.connection

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it requires a restart. It should work. Did you try?

I see that this application has got dependent services. So you cannot just stop this specific application.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I would follow Hareesh suggestion is less aggressive and if the changes are not reflected you can always try to restart after. However, i would stop the scenarios that do a poll during this services stop/start time.

Regards.